Author Topic: Taking Suggestions for Runic Hammer Burn/Weapon Eval Script  (Read 4239 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
So anyone who does BODs and turns them in knows that as a byproduct you get lots of low end hammers. I have a couple of hundred dull copper and shadow hammers and using them in normal game play would be ridiculously tedious. However, I have been holding on to some of them because they do have value in that they are perfectly capable of producing good weapons.  I have looked for a script that would make a weapon, evaluate it, smelt the junk and save the good stuff, but I have yet to find one.

From what I have read about imbue it sounds like we should be able to use the unravel ability to gain imbue skill provided the magic item to be unravelled is made of iron.  So I am thinking that if I build the hammer burner, it should be relatively easy to pull the smelt sub out and replace it with an imbue sub once that becomes available -- giving this script a skill trainer capacity as well.

I would appreciate feedback from anyone interested regarding the following questions I have come up with, as well as anything else you think relevant:

1. Has anyone seen a script that does this already?

2. There are likely some scripts around that can be scavenged for pieces of this script.  I have used some spell book makers that would incorporate a great deal of what I am looking for. There are also some smelt subs and stand alones that are out there (S7 uses one). Does anyone have thoughts re. which of these have the most promising material?

3. What stuff should the script make/save? I am thinking that with a one or two property hammer the only stuff you want to make are weapons, and there has to be a single property that makes it worth keeping -- so obviously super slayers.  For menu options on what to save I am thinking the following: slayer options, maybe hit 50 fireball and lightning. Anything else you can think of in a single property that is worth keeping?

4. Should I use a recycle bag?

5. Would it be better to make a single item and run the eval/burn/keep sub, or to burn a hammer and then run the eval/keep/burn sub?  My thinking on this runs back to 4 as it may speed the script up a lot to incorporate a recycle bag.

Thanks for taking a moment to give me suggestions, I appreciate it.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Taking Suggestions for Runic Hammer Burn/Weapon Eval Script
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 08:30:23 AM »
I don't think I've seen a script quite like that.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 08:55:10 AM »
Just bumping this up the list to see if I can get any additional feedback before I build this thing. 

Wish me luck!

-P
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 09:00:23 AM »
So, something like....

1 - find hammer
2 - use hammer
3 - finditem {whatever your making}
4 - event macro the item you found
5 - look for certain criteria
6 - if found, put item in a secure
7 - if NOT found, put item in trash
8 - goto 1

Seems pretty easy when it's all broken down like that.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 10:45:38 AM »
I am thinking the flow will be something like this:

I. Set up container for material resources, runic hammers & ancient smithy hammers, keeper items;
II. Have script allow selection of item to make, # hammers to burn, options for ingot type and use of ASH;
III. Call Kal in Ex craft info sub to make the items, make them all in a recycle bag;
IV. Crank through a looped craft item sub that stops on journal scan that hammer is finished;
V. Call the CLAw to evaluate the items and pull keepers as defined by user;
VI. Dispose of the unwanted items through user selected choice of (1) recycle, (2) trash, (3) unwind (when it becomes available).
VII. Grab another runic and roll again...

I have pulled the interface from TM's heartwood quester to figure out how to run the CLAw as the evaluation tool.  I have also been pulling apart S7's S7BODFiller to develop the craft interface. I am not 100% on what input option I will have for the selection of the item to make, but I am thinking it should let the user type the item name in the set up menu.

I have a pile of real life work to do in the next two weeks, then I am going to rip off a first draft of this with the set up all hard-coded to see if I can get it working.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 10:53:44 AM »
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
What, are you Roman or something?
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 11:35:07 AM »
Nah, just making an outline for myself.  First time having a go at this, so I am trying to be all organized and stuff.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Mario Andretti

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 11:37:48 AM »
I think your rough layout is a great start.  I don't have anything to add to it.  My problem is I have never really burned through the hammers/kits.  You might want to solicit information from people about what they might like to see as rules.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 12:04:39 PM »
Just make a list of what to accomplish, then you can add stuff to that list. You can make notes about certain sections, like you have listed, for stuff to perform various actions.

Code: [Select]
; setup item types, locations, properties and such
gosub setup

; mainloop
repeat

; 1 - find and move the runic hammer type identified by setup into my pack
; 2 - ensure I have enough materials
; 3 -
; 4 -
until #false ; repeat forever

Just start building on.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Cerveza and TM, I appreciate it.

TM, I am thinking that if I use your CLAw as a called script for the sort, I can let the user set their own rules (like you did in the HWQuester) and it will be a more flexible script. 

Unless I screw it up the script should let you use runics to craft whatever item you want, keep whatever outcome you want, and get rid of the junk in a couple of different ways.

-Mario Andretti

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 01:03:57 PM »
That's the constant question I get with the CLAw is "what rules should I use".  That's why I finally gave a sample CLAw setup file for the heartwood quester.  It fits my own criterion, but maybe not everyone.

Let us know if you get stuck; we'll help you get unstuck.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 01:12:34 PM »
I think that sounds GREAT.  I actually have one script I kinda modified for test center like this, but no real user flexability.  I have it working for tailoring, blacksmithing, fletching, ecru rings, and dark saphire bracelets but they're all pretty basic.

Here's an idea to throw around.

Imbuing/Unraveling.

I'm thinking the best way to maybe train those skills is to burn runics w/ plain materials, and then unravel them.  If you have access to a SA beta account, maybe you could be the first to supply such a script!  I'm not sure if it would raise the skill good, but I can ask a few friends who are in the beta!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 01:21:18 PM »
Training imbue is how I came up with the idea.  I have been saving the crappy hammers for a while with that in mind and the idea of actually using them without a script...  :P Well that's just not going to happen.

I am not in the beta, but I figure if I build it with unravel in mind it won't take a ton of work once it shows up to create an option to unravel all of your junk items and sort the outcome.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:23:11 PM by Paulonius »

-Mario Andretti

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 01:27:52 PM »
Very true.  Especially if the crafting menus are about the same as they are now.  If they are the same setup you can create a universal sub to handle all crafting menus quite easily and just call it with the correct colum/row values when we can get ahold of the SA content.

Tags: