Author Topic: Killing Paragon Ridgebacks and taming  (Read 8349 times)

Offline dreamzcasterTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • dreamzcaster has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Killing Paragon Ridgebacks and taming
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 11:03:53 AM »
so I would loop it by removing all the repeated commands and then putting goto top (top is the start name)

it should then look around check again for the ridgeback, see the paragon again, and then run the paragon kill sub again.  Only problem is it might scan and find the other ridgeback that spawns there and start taming it while the paragon one is attacking me still form my first attack.

I hope all that makes sence.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 11:08:43 AM »
Well, your loop would look something like this:

Code: [Select]
set %ridgey_id xxyyzz
repeat
  event macro 15 42
  target 6s
  event macro 22 0
  wait 2s
  event macro 15 41
  target 6s
  event macro 22 0
  wait 2s
  finditem %ridgey G
until #FINDCNT = 0

So you'll just blast it until dead.  Note you will need to know the ID of the ridgey to wack, but that's just another finditem before you enter the kill loop.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 11:34:44 AM »
finditem %ridgey G what does the "G" do?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 11:37:11 AM »
There are two arguments for the finditem.  The first one is the object you are looking for, and the other one is where you want to search.   G = ground, and C = container.

You can also do something like this:

finditem %item G_2 ; this searches only two spaces away.

So G just searches at whatever maximum distance is available.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 11:42:27 AM »
sub paragon
  set #ltargetid %1
  ;msg all kill $  ; pet kill
  repeat
  event macro 15 42
  target 6s
  event macro 22 0
  wait 2s
  event macro 15 41
  target 6s
  event macro 22 0
  wait 2s
  finditem %ridgey G
until #FINDCNT = 0
 return

so does this make sense?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 11:46:25 AM »
Almost, you need to change this:

finditem %ridgey G

To this:

finditem %1 G

This is just because you didn't initialize %ridgey.  Now you can initialize it when you first come into the subroutine just to be clearer as your code executes.  Sometimes the value of %1 will change when you perform a "gosub"; it all depends on your arguments.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 11:52:09 AM »
I will test and see how this goes just can't make those darn paragons spawn on command lol:)

Update: Ok it seems to work but after it kills the paragon there seems to be this long pause before it moves onto the next one.  I can deal with that though.

Update 2: The next paragon was killed and then he moved quick tot he next ridgeback so that was good.  I guess there may not be a long pause.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 12:22:14 PM by dreamzcaster »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 01:31:35 PM »
An unfortunate Event occurred I was writing some scripting code looked away and a paragon had killed me.  Boo so I have altered it like this does this make any sense?

sub paragon
  set #ltargetid %1
  ;msg all kill $  ; pet kill
  repeat
  event macro 15 42
  target 6s
  event macro 22 0
  wait 2s
  event macro 15 41
  target 6s
  event macro 22 0
  wait 2s
  if #hits < #maxhits
{
gosub healM
}
  finditem %1 G
until #FINDCNT = 0
 goto top

then I have this sub below in with the other subs

;auto healing
sub healM
wait 1s
event Macro 15 28
wait 4s
event Macro 23 0
gosub paragon

Edit:  It seemed to have worked I am so pumped I am starting to understand this scripting thing.  Only problem is that when it goes back to the paragon sub it casts the two spells again.  is it possible to put a check in there at the start to see if it still there with a Findcnt function or something?

And for some reason a paragon started to attack me even when I was taming another ridgeback.  Is there something here that was targeting them from before or do you think it is a karma issue or fame issue.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 01:49:02 PM by dreamzcaster »

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 03:16:23 PM »
One thing I just noticed...  You should always "return" from your subroutines.  Your "goto top" is not a good thing.  Read up on sub/return at EasyUO to get what I'm talking about.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 03:18:17 PM »
One thing I just noticed...  You should always "return" from your subroutines.  Your "goto top" is not a good thing.  Read up on sub/return at EasyUO to get what I'm talking about.

Cool I will look it up :)

This is what I found

return

The return command transfers the execution back to where the sub was called using gosub.

return

goto

The goto command moves the execution to another part of the script. The destination point is given by a label.

When I have go to top that is where it begins scanning for ridgebacks ... isn't that what I want to do.  I have entered return into those spots but see no real noticeable difference my guess is for more complex scripts you wouldn't want to go back to the top as it might have to read through some unnecessary code.  Am I getting it somewhat right?

My guess is that going back to that top point is making the process a little less smooth and efficient.  I made changes to some of those routines and it seems to work a bit better although to someone that isn't watching this script for days on end may not see any difference at all.  I guess it is all about learning it the right way:)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:01:44 PM by dreamzcaster »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 08:13:49 AM »
Ok I think my script is the best that I can do with my newbie scripting skills but I would love a little help making it rule.  I have done my best and it seems to work generally the way I would like it to but I would love a little help and feedback if some of you vets or some of you elite types would take a look or debug for me (even clean it up a bit) I would be really appreciative.  Please let me know what changes you could make or how to make it even better as I have debugged it as much as I have been able to.

Known issues:

After killing a paragon he just sits there for a about 20 seconds and I am unsure why he does this.  Yet the script will then start again.

If you wouldn't mind helping me out I would really appreciate it.  PM me and I will send it to ya.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2009, 06:43:17 PM »
As soon as you respond to my PM, we should be able to have you up and running!! Most of the rest is already revised/rewritten. But I do want to review it with you so you understand how and why it's doing whatever it's doing!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: