Author Topic: Coming back to UO & looking to join the community  (Read 6518 times)

Offline Krab420Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Krab420 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Coming back to UO & looking to join the community
« on: September 07, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm a long time UO player having started with UO Rennaisance and have logged many fun filled hours in this game.  The individuals I have met and interacted with as a result of this game have been great.  After taking a 2 year hiatus I have once again returned to the UO community.  It was like jumping back on a bike.  I've used and written many scripts in the past, shared with others and look forward to being able to do the same again.  Thanks to all the scripters out there and their hard work!  If it wasn't for scripting this game would not be nearly as enjoyable.

I'm 42, live in Texas, married with children.  I love to hunt and fish, watch my kids play sports, and play UO.   

Greg

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Coming back to UO & looking to join the community
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:04:53 PM »
write any scripts that are published?

Also, why do people insist on putting 420 in their names?  I've always been curious, and while you're restricted and stuck talking here, I figured I could ask you. :p

Also,  Welcome to our community.

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 07:19:08 AM »
Welcome and Good Luck!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 07:26:56 AM »
No I havent written any scripts that were published.  Most of the scripting that I did was spent creating sort of a personal dashboard for each of my characters customized to each character's skill set etc.  I did write a lot of smaller scripts for many of my guildmates but there again they were mostly custom to their specific character, not a good candidates for publishing.  I also wrote a pvp targeting script that would assign F keys to different people who came on screen and had a little label list showing their names so that I could quickly set last target to any of them by clicking on that person on the list or hitting the F key.  It had a cpl of bugs that I was still working on, but that was about the time I took a break from UO so I never got it to a point that I felt comfortable sharing it.  With so many good scripters out there most of the basic needs as well as new arrivals are quickly handled by scipting Gods much more talented than I.  I am always willing to help troublshoot scripts, write any that I can for specific people or needs and want to be a more active part of a mature minded scripting community.

As for the 420 . . . . .

hrmmm..

I'm 42 years old, a responsible father, husband, and business owner . .  I guess I can say this out loud.....

For those who don't know . . .

420 is code for 4:20 pm which means it is almost 5:00 pm (quitting time) and time to smoke a joint.  Most people put that in their name as a way to communicate to other pot smokers out there.  I mainly did it because  most sites require more than 4 letters for your handle and that one is easy for me to remember :P . . . .  hope that doesn't disqualify me from participating here . . . :)

I look at it as a scripting tool, but that's just my perspective.

Greg
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:34:36 AM by Krab420 »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 09:35:52 AM »
Thanks for the intro, you have been unrestricted! Go forth and welcome to ScriptUO!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 09:43:38 AM »
Thank you very much, I will do my best to participate and honor our members.

Greg

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 12:19:20 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 01:50:52 PM »
Welcome to the site. :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 07:47:52 PM »
welcome
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 01:55:09 AM »
Hello and Welcome Krab420 !!!

Offline freddy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • freddy has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 03:31:15 AM »

For those who don't know . . .

420 is code for 4:20 pm which means it is almost 5:00 pm (quitting time) and time to smoke a joint.  Most people put that in their name as a way to communicate to other pot smokers out there.  I mainly did it because  most sites require more than 4 letters for your handle and that one is easy for me to remember :P . . . .  hope that doesn't disqualify me from participating here . . . :)

I don't think it will :D

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 06:04:38 AM »
Hrm, sounds like a loser to me 12x. Can we slap him back into restricted status for a while?  Pot smoker from Tx who likes to hunt fish and play games with his kids = EPIC LOSER! Business owner... hrm, I bet it is something cheesy like an alarm business.

I smell loser written all over this one!...........................

Ok just kidding, just so happens that I know Krabby here pretty well... for oh about um 41 years, so that gives me the well earned right to pick on him.

Although if he had TOLD ME he was going to join I would have made him use my referral link! lol.

Welcome aboard you Krabby Grumpy bastard!

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 06:08:38 AM »
Oh wait, I didn't notice that he had mentioned ME in his post!  Thanks for recognizing me Greg!!!

scipting Gods much more talented than I.  

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 06:47:35 AM »
Hrm, sounds like a loser to me 12x. Can we slap him back into restricted status for a while?  Pot smoker from Tx who likes to hunt fish and play games with his kids = EPIC LOSER! Business owner... hrm, I bet it is something cheesy like an alarm business.

Ok just kidding, just so happens that I know Krabby here pretty well... for oh about um 41 years, so that gives me the well earned right to pick on him.

Although if he had TOLD ME he was going to join I would have made him use my referral link! lol.

JaF
you are Pretty Crazy u know?:P

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 06:54:59 AM »
Hrm, sounds like a loser to me 12x. Can we slap him back into restricted status for a while?  Pot smoker from Tx who likes to hunt fish and play games with his kids = EPIC LOSER! Business owner... hrm, I bet it is something cheesy like an alarm business.

JaF
you are Pretty Crazy u know?:P

Well.... yes, I know... but that aside, he is my IRL 1st cousin so I earned the right to mess with him a bit!

He should consider himself lucky that I do not have Moderator rights.  Otherwise his original post would explain all about when he discovered he was gay and the fact that he was going to use this board to be his first place to "come out of the closet" :P

JaF
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:59:12 AM by JustAnotherFace »
Thomas Jefferson

Tags: