Author Topic: question about the CLAw  (Read 2402 times)

Offline mTrTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mTr has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
question about the CLAw
« on: March 07, 2010, 04:28:05 AM »
Thank you for the fast reply and to give me access so quick to the script library, I'm running ATM the Heartwood Fletcher Quest for Bolts and it works very well! BTW had to remove some move commands because on my shard isnt needed to stay near the quest guy to accept/complete the quest, and there are no trashbags. Anyways, it save me much time because the old macro that I had not worked and should be updated.

Well, I like to ask you something... I Saw the TrailMyx's Advanced CLAw LITE on the library, and downloaded to test it and see if it works on my shard, and it does it well, but sometimes it goes a bit slow to loot some corpses, is it fine ? I dont have actived "Use additional event delay" so i was wondering if there are some way to speed it up a bit. Modifying some variable or something... I'm still a noob on EUO programming, but have some experience with other language like C# or PHP, so maybe I can learn fast!

Another thing about this CLAw is that I would use it for gold farming on solens hives, but being AFK, so I was wondering if I can combine it with another script that heal my pet (I'm tamer) and moves next to the new corpses to let CLAw work...

So I ask you for some tips, links, or something that can help me on both tasks! Thanks in advance!

PD: Sorry if this isnt the correct place to ask this. Be free to move it to another post.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: question about the CLAw
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 11:56:22 AM »
In order for EUO scripts to work smoothly especially on OSI servers, those delays are necessary (vital actually).  The looter requires time to evaluate all that information as well, but really doesn't take much time.  Just try some other looters out there and you'll see how much the CLAw does for just a little time.  But there's no way around the waits while you open the container and dragging items.  If you start messing with those delays, then you may effect the script stability.  The numbers in the CLAw now are known to work well on OSI and RunUO shards with acceptable stability.

As for using the CLAw in farming scripts, you might want to go through the main CLAw thread carefully.  There are examples of integration into a script.  But the easiest way is to just the CLAw run as a strict looter like you normally run it, but make your script aware of the CLAw an basically pause your farming action while the CLAw is busy.  Just monitor the global variable !TM_loot_in_progress.

Again, check out the main CLAw thread for more details about !TM_loot_in_progress.

One other thing that might make things seem slow.  The CLAw has a motion sensor that takes a second or two to detect that you have stopped walking and that the script can start the looting process.  This is also another crash-preventer because if you start looting a container that's out of range, you run the risk of crashing your client or EUO.  Lots of thought and work went into the CLAw because most looters are traditionally very crash-prone.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 12:03:57 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: