Author Topic: Need Help With Spewy runbook mining  (Read 3936 times)

Offline HambsokyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Hambsoky has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Need Help With Spewy runbook mining
« on: May 25, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »
I'm not familure with rune book coding but this I do know the script works all but the runebook recalling part due to the fact the serevr i play on use a 1 page rune book system where the buttons are all beside the numbers and u need to click which button you want to go to then hit the recall one, anyhelp on this would be greatfully ill post the code once ive gotten the ok from you all im sure some of you may have used this script back in the day for now ill post a pic of the rune books this server is using.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help With Spewy runbook mining
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 05:22:20 PM »
We do not support others scripts here that would just not be very polite, but if you are interested in trying to fix this yourself. You will need to get the size of your runebook gump and the x and y offset click spots for each rune spot and with this information you should be able to reenter the new info in the script and get it back working.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 05:35:14 PM »
Of course as Mass indicates, we can't support a script from another site.  However, we can provide some guidance for you.  Spewy no longer supports his script and Tracergod, who took it over, has not updated it much since 2006.  Its a solid script with some great features and users have been keeping it working.  If you read the thread at EasyUO you can get answers to just about any question you have with it from the users who there. That is good advice for using any script.  Read what the other users are doing. It will help you solve a lot of problems.  The thread for this script is not a dead thread despite the lack of updates, however I appreciate that it is very long and will take you some time to read.

http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=200&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

However, because your present problem is based in the gump design of your freeshard, I don't think you will find a precise fix unless you learn how to do it yourself, as Mass suggests.  

Based on what I am seeing in your picture, I recommend you learn to modify gump clicks. You are going to need to learn about clicking gumps to modify most scripts to use your rune books.  

Consider reading the following:

This is the WIKI for clicks in EasyUO:
http://wiki.easyuo.com/index.php?title=Click

This is a discussion that we had recently on a related subject:
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=3450.0;highlight=click+gump

I have used Spewy's script a great deal and have a much-modified version that I recently put out to pasture.  It had gotten too inconsistent for me to keep using.  If you sort out the gumps, you can probably get it rolling.  However, I would cut your losses and work from either 12X's or MWinc's miner instead.

12's can be found on this site:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=5948.0;highlight=12+miner

MWinc's says its broken, but I believe it works.

http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=309701#309701

Good luck!!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:39:23 PM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 08:02:19 PM »
Thats one interesting runebook.

What you need to do as said above it get the click postion for your buttons.

step 1 - open euo
step 2 - open runebook
step 3 rune this code  
Code: [Select]
contpos 0 0
halt

step 4 - postion uo and euo so you can read the values of curorx/y while moving over your rune book
step 5 - note the xy pos of buttons
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 09:21:38 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 08:33:20 PM »
never seen that runebook graphic before ... where is it from

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 09:18:02 PM »
OMG Mass, your avatar just cracked me up.  It took a second...
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline HambsokyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Hambsoky has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 02:10:24 PM »
never seen that runebook graphic before ... where is it from

This is from free shard called abcuo

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 07:04:50 PM »
OMG Mass, your avatar just cracked me up.  It took a second...

Looks pretty kewl eh ?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 12:33:29 PM »
Mine isn't broken, I just started adding features I didn't feel the general public needed.

If you can make an account on the freeshard for me, and set me up with a runebook, I can modify the one posted on easyuo for you. Just pm me the account info. And be patient, memorial day weekend is hell for the restaurant business.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: