Author Topic: TM, This is for if you want to add a link to your SMF.  (Read 6127 times)

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
TM, This is for if you want to add a link to your SMF.
« on: June 19, 2008, 01:10:31 PM »
I am going to show you how you can manually put a link into your bar up top.  If you ever choose to go with a different look.. all you need is a style.css file in a new Theme spot and it will automatically pull from the default.  But that is besides the point.

Okay say you want to put in a new link that brings you back to your main ScriptUO site.

You would add this code into your index.template.php file in front of/behind: // Show the [home] Button.  Each designated spot in the list has a [] around it and it will then allow you to place where you want.  So for example your profile link would begin like // Show the [profile] button, the links might looks like //Show the [links] Button. and so forth. So you want this code before your home button, just copy and past this code right in front of it. If you want it in front of Links... just find the spot for links and put it right in front of it.

Code: [Select]
// Show the [Scriptuo] button.
echo ($current_action == '' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == '' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="http://scriptuo.com">' , $txt['scriptuo'] , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == '' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

The Key is:
<a href="http://scriptuo.com">' , $txt['scriptuo'] , '</a>

Now you have that in your index.template.php    now you need to add one little thing to a language file.  I'm not sure if you run index.english-utf8.php or index.english.php   so i will have you add this code to both files at the bottom right before    ?>

$txt['scriptuo'] = 'Script UO';

you can change 'Script UO'  to whatever you would like it to say.  If you want it to say main it would be:

$txt['scriptuo'] = 'Main';

Also if you wanted your Home to be changed to forum you would do this in your language file also.

Find:
$txt[103] = 'Home';
and all you have to do is replace 'Home' with 'Forum'

So if you chose to do that you could actually change
$txt['scriptuo'] = 'Main';

to say

$txt['scriptuo'] = 'Home';

If you have any troubles let me know.  or you could always attach the files here and i would fix them.

ruaduck/Tidus

« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 01:43:44 PM by ruaduck »
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: TM, This is for if you want to add a link to your SMF.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 01:41:45 PM »
I also did a similar write up on the UOGuyz forums for anyone who uses SMF.   It is under PHP Coding -> General Coding - named  How to add a link up top to an SMF board.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 03:01:29 PM »
I also did a similar write up on the UOGuyz forums for anyone who uses SMF.   It is under PHP Coding -> General Coding - named  How to add a link up top to an SMF board.

That's hilarious. I was researching how to do this exact thing a couple days ago!  You're a mind reader..  heh.  Thanks, man.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 04:24:50 PM »
well i just remember i wanted to be able to do that same thing when i first got my SMF forums..and i just had to break down the scripts to find out how it was done.  I couldn't find anything on it in SMF's Support Forums.  Figured i would cut that loop for ya
:)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 05:03:58 PM »
Indeed, you cut it nicely.  I'm going to fiddle with a few things like that this weekend, so that's a bit of research I don't have to do now.  Yay! Thanks much.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 12:27:11 PM »
Thanks for this, I added the "New Posts" addition to the bar up there.  Works great, Hardyz should be happy now.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 07:29:14 PM »
sweet...just tried it myself.  went off without a hitch. :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 07:33:29 PM »
I was playing with putting the number of new posts in there, but I got distracted...
Come play RIFT with me!

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 01:45:21 PM »
It's definately easy to get distracted.  I start something and then start another thing then another thing then maybe eventually i make it back to it.... what a wonderful loop :)

Was wondering if you might want to move this to the Programming area under the PHP coding since this applies directly to PHP and SMF.

Tags: