Author Topic: Got a xbox for my bday and cod  (Read 5800 times)

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: Got a xbox for my bday and cod
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 06:59:43 PM »
No no no...you missed the point...a person who consistently drives a civic, when placed in a ferrari, will never be as good as someone who consistently drives a ferrari...it's not the equipment...it's the ability to control power...
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 08:53:41 PM »
Good analogy maddog. perfect.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 09:42:22 PM »
You guys crack me up.  Console controls suck.  Period.  Doesn't really matter what excuse you pull from your butt.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 03:15:36 AM »
TM's right, it's all about the equipment.

I'd be willing to say that Console players who run with those adapters and use a Mouse/Keyboard would be every bit the player (and very likely better) then PC players.

If PC players are better, then let them try playing with controllers. They make them for PC's... Since 99% of PC users won't use them it means it's the equipment. Which is what I'm saying.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 10:10:26 AM »
I think yet again the point has been missed. Because PC Controls are much more elaborate and complicated PC gamers are more expierence and just from this better and Consoles have like 5 or 10 different controls that you have to worry about. So a PC gamer can easily convert over and jump in an use a console controller, but a console gamer can not ussually just jump in and use a PC's controls. Most will say yeaaaa right give me a Console controller anyday. It kinda like a friday night asphalt race and a grand prix race. The grad prix racer can do alot of magic just in an old beat up asfalt racer because he is used to alot more power and diversity, but the asphalt racer only is expierenced with his low end system and would not be ready for the versitilty or power of the grand prix car or track!!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 10:26:48 AM »
I don't think PC players can adapt to the console controls. They will become frustrated that they can't do as precise movements as they did with their keyboard/mouse combination.

You have MUCH more precision with a mouse over a thumb stick. I know I can set my mouse to 5 different DPI's depending on what I want. I only have two setup, minimum and maximum movement. Max for normal game play and minimum for sniping. Console users don't have that luxury.

So it boils down to equipment. And since Console users are stuck with controllers, the PC guys will always win against them. That's why there are few "cross over" games for console and PC to be run together - the PC guys almost always win (cause they have the better accessories), which means they aren't as good. :P

I'll see if I can find some info on the keyboard/mouse adapters for consoles. They may have some info.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 10:57:46 AM »
I play Bioshock on both my PS3 and PC.  As much as I like the graphics/sound of the PS3 through my entertainment system/surround sound and 70" TV, I enjoy the gameplay more from the PC.  I guess that's just from so many years of playing Duke Nukem, Unreal Tournament, Battlefield 1942, etc.  Just feels like a natural extension of my body.  Plus, PS3 controllers were designed for midgets, and not big meaty Caucasians with hams for hands.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 11:18:56 AM »
Yep, exactly what I'm saying.

Lemme ask you this TM..... if you had mouse/keyboard for your PS3, would you ever play Bioshock on your PC?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 11:45:45 AM »
Yep, exactly what I'm saying.

Lemme ask you this TM..... if you had mouse/keyboard for your PS3, would you ever play Bioshock on your PC?

No way.  With all the sensory immersion that my entertainment system provides along with my big screen, the PS3 would win every day.  And if I own a few console control-wielding noobs along the way - all the better.  ;)

Perhaps it's time for a caviet..  I do enjoy the console controls for driving games.  Keyboard/mouse for those seems a bit clonky.  The analog control and force feedback is kinda fun.

So for me, it does depend on the game being played. For FPS, take that console controller, load it into a large slingshot, and fire it for distance.  For others like flying and driving, do go run and try and find that flung/damaged controller - pick the dirt and grass out of it and put it to good use.

But please Mr. Sony, please please please make a controller that's playable by the inhabitants of the western world, and not just for the inhabitants of the Pygmy tribes of the Congo.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: