Author Topic: Need help  (Read 3725 times)

Offline devin123Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • devin123 has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Need help
« on: June 13, 2013, 09:32:20 PM »
Ive used a lot of scripts before. but that was a couple years ago.  I can't seem any of the scripts to work. I have read that EUO needs to be updated to work with the current client, but others are making it work for them.  Can someone please walk me through what im doing wrong?  My skype is whitebayuo

Thank you

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Need help
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 02:11:11 AM »
You haven't even told us what you're doing for us to help you.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 02:40:12 AM »
Have you switched to Windows 7? If so you will need to run EUO as administrator for it to work.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 06:46:49 PM »
yea, thats my first idea.  Right click on euo and run as administrator, same thing for UO.  Try that and see if that works.  A little more information would help also.  Are you playing free shards, what OS are you using?  What version of euo are you using?  The more information you can provide the more we can help you.
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Ozzy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ozzy has no influence.
  • My Boys
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 11:56:12 PM »
huh ? .... what ?

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 07:32:28 AM »
How got the magic ball so we can help him. 
Have you switched to Windows 7? If so you will need to run EUO as administrator for it to work.

1) start UO ( will start by default as admin)
2) right click on EUO, run as admin
3) try to run a simple script

NOte: run any other program the same way ( right click, run admin)

Online Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 05:47:39 PM »
I wonder how old the scripts are. A lot of the old scripts no longer work without some modifications. From his introduction, he is playing on free shards and just switched shards. UO Forever may be heavily modded which makes running scripts more difficult as well.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:49:53 PM by Crisis »

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 06:48:29 PM »
Hey devin, did you get them working? ???  If so what was the problem?
We are a curious bunch around here ;)
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline devin123Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • devin123 has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 10:21:01 PM »
running windows 7, the current EUOX client, and UO Client 7.0.8 or something similar.

sorry for not making more sense :)
I have been looking for a runebook copier for a free server. It is UO Forever. This has been heavily moded.  I did get one to work half way but i need to do a lot of manual input on the menu gumps for it to work.  Gonzo's Runebook Copier works but it can't read the runes so i need to manually name them. it gives me a window so i can do 5 books at a time. The problem comes when i want to make more than 5 books, i need to do this every 5 books so it takes quit a bit of time.  I know the script saves me time from manually doing it but it would be nice to have it perfected.

I did find a script where i can manually edit the script itself so it knows what to name the runes without trying to read the original runebook, but when i run this script, it gets stuck looping on just renaming the rune.

Both scripts have great functions. just wish I could figure out how to fix either one to make it perfect.

Online Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 05:52:06 AM »
When you start the runbook copiers, make sure that you move the little tool bar at the top. I have found that gets in the way of the OCR reading the books. Make sure that you don't go to another screen or do anything while it is attempting to read or it could mess things up too. It is also possible that the OCR just doesn't work well with the free shard. I know others playing that free server have had issues getting scripts to work.

Tags: