Author Topic: Short attention Span  (Read 3733 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Short attention Span
« on: January 31, 2010, 08:51:48 PM »
How is it I can focus on writing 1000's of lines of code and remember variables, Flow, Controls, etc etc etc, but when it comes to everything else in life I have the attention span of....... a kitten.

I've been trying to clean my room for 3 days, while SNOWED in at my house. So far, I've made my bed, put all my laundry in 1 laundry basket, and cleaned my bathroom counters.

Lol, I fear I'm doomed if I continue Scripting.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
Re: Short attention Span
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 08:53:26 PM »
Forgot to add During these 3 days, i've

Written a short discord Script
Finished the basics of my bod sorter
Imbued 30 Super Slayer Magical Shortys
Done around 30 spawns
and the list goes on and on.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 11:03:08 PM »
I'll see your three days snowed in and raise you 4 months on my back (had a little run in w/ a mountain).
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 02:43:40 AM »
Looks like the mountain won :(

Thats Why I never Try to Tackle Inanimate Objects Larger Than Myself.

Unless I have a hammer sized proportional to how much frustration I expect is about to come from tackling said Inanimate object....... Right.....
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 06:14:48 AM »
Been asking myself that same question for years...  Sometimes i carnt rember what i done last week or even yesterday . but i can still kinda rember code i wrote 15years ago...    Conclusion selective memory.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 06:24:09 AM »
Not only do I remember my own driver's license number but I remember my wife's, my license plate numbers, the license plate number of some of my co-workers, the number of ceiling tiles in a majority of rooms I've spent more than an hour in, names of people I met once ten years ago, what I was wearing in various notable story moments from my past, on and on and on. But yet I can't function at work unless I bounce between no fewer than 4 or 5 tasks at the same time and I can never remember if my wife's birthday is on the 13th or the 18th...go figure...
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 07:31:33 AM »
It's all based on a system of life cycles, like that bio rhythm thing...

Only when all 17 of your cycles align at a "high point" can you really get any type of cleaning done. This normally only occurs once every 6 months.

Fortunately, the goofing off cycles align once about every 15 minutes or so.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 08:04:18 AM »
Not only do I remember my own driver's license number but I remember my wife's, my license plate numbers, the license plate number of some of my co-workers, the number of ceiling tiles in a majority of rooms I've spent more than an hour in, names of people I met once ten years ago, what I was wearing in various notable story moments from my past, on and on and on. But yet I can't function at work unless I bounce between no fewer than 4 or 5 tasks at the same time and I can never remember if my wife's birthday is on the 13th or the 18th...go figure...
By the time I finished typing this I forgot that my whole point was to say that I have projects around the house that would take literally 15 freaking minutes that have caused me hours of stress thinking about how I haven't gotten them done in the four years I've been thinking about them! For example, redoing the calking in the upstairs tub! Going on 4-years now! Task time, guaranteed no more than 20 minutes!

But the decorating of my new castle on the home shard is going smashingly!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 08:17:22 AM »
You guys just made my day.  I feel a whole lot better now.  Now that I know I am not the only person in this whole world like that :)

Scrripty

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 10:04:30 AM »
You guys just made my day.  I feel a whole lot better now.  Now that I know I am not the only person in this whole world like that :)

I find myself coding in my head while my girl talks about shoes and shopping.  Go figure.  Come to think of it, I've thought of and written in my head half of the scripts I've done while she's bitching... hehe j/k

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 01:03:16 PM »
I code more at work, than I actually do work.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 06:46:59 PM »
Looks like the mountain won :(

Thats Why I never Try to Tackle Inanimate Objects Larger Than Myself.

Unless I have a hammer sized proportional to how much frustration I expect is about to come from tackling said Inanimate object....... Right.....

options were smack mountain or hit someone else and fall 500'
i went for the smack
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Tags: