Author Topic: Old UO Player - New to Scripts  (Read 1731 times)

Offline GrouchTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Grouch has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Old UO Player - New to Scripts
« on: January 04, 2013, 08:25:23 AM »
Ello everyone, my name is Grouch, I'm twenty years old, and I'm a part-time student at my local tech school for training in Comp Sci, and Network Administration. Now, Before I get to far into my introduction I feel should warn you all im in the midst of overcoming a nasty sinus infection, and am under the influence of some pretty strong over the counter meds.  ::)   That said I think it should make for a fairly interesting read, and I apologise in advanced for any and all grammatical errors that follow. Hehhe.

Now, about that introduction..
I'm a "new school" UO player, who started on OSI servers. I purchased my first account around early 06, shortly after Mondains Legacy dropped. Fortunately for me, I was one of the lucky kids who had two very tech friendly parents. Both of which were avid UO players from the Pre-AoS days. So I came into the game with a fairly substantial amount of UO know-how. Along with that came a very basic idea of "Third Party Apps", and their many wondrous uses. Straight from the get-go I've been using them, namely razor, and I was never able to go back to the vanilla client.. Hehhe

As of late, I've really gotten back into Ultima. The game and I seem to share a semi-dysfunctional on again, off again relationship.. (I have commitment issues). And I found myself really wanting push the limits of what these programs could do, maybe learn a thing or two..
As I stated before, I've only ever had a very basic understanding of scripts and the like. Granted, I was fairly fluent in razors macro section, which is usually enough for basic skill gains. But about 3-4 months ago I had been looking for something a bit more advanced than that. So, a few google searches later I stumbled onto Easy Uo's site, and shortly after, actual scripting.

The forum was very insightful, and I learned a little bit about the structuring, and format of euo scripts. I did however find it unfortunate that most of what is provided there is for the most part outdated, and no longer functioning though. :(
 I ran another search and found this site, and from the looks of it you guys seem to take your scripts to a little more depth. Which I find to be awesome. I plan to take a look further into the site, hopefully read over any/all tuts your guys provide, soon as I finish up this intro.. and maybe after a nap.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:17:30 AM by Grouch »

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Old UO Player - New to Scripts
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 09:13:09 AM »
Welcome Grouch!
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:50:10 PM »
Welcome.... restricted status lifted...  enjoy the boards and dont be a stranger... :)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline GrouchTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Grouch has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 01:27:19 PM »
Thanks guys, awesome to be here. =]

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 01:48:48 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Cooms

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cooms has no influence.
  • Respect: +7