Author Topic: Hello everyone, I'm Jacks!  (Read 1550 times)

Offline JacksTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jacks has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello everyone, I'm Jacks!
« on: November 01, 2017, 03:26:59 AM »
About a week ago, I stumbled upon reddit post regarding the taming changes. Since I - like most of the old UO players - can never seem to move on with life or find an acceptable substitute to the greatest game ever created, I got curious and looked the changes up. Here I am, one week later with my account reactivated. Super stoked for a new start!

I started playing around 99-00, being young at that time I hardly knew what I was doing. I think it took some years to actually get a grip, and being on a 56k modem with a cost per minute to stay online, my time online was very limited. My main account was started in 2002, and I think most of my gametime was the years around Third Dawn and a couple of years into AoS. Been on and off a bit, tried free shards with t2a rulesets and also tried to forget about UO which has been proved to be impossible.

Apart from very limited amounts of hours on Drachenfels and some American shards, I have mainly played on Europa. Being a Swede, that's where me and my ping belongs. My first guild to join was TFL, a small bunch of great brits who took me under their wings. Then some super great years in GyA/GAD, which later was formed into TFL. Also was in BoA for a few months, and tried RP'ing a couple of times but never stuck with it.

In game I'm really a Jack-of-all-trades. I've never excelled at anything, tried everything, remade characters a hundred times and liked socializing on UOAM and decoing houses more than making my fortune. That's why I return to a bank box filled with memories, but not so much with riches!

Now, I play on a macbook pro with a 13" screen, which isn't optimal. That will probably have me stay out of any PvP, and I will focus on PvM and hanging out. Doesn't really matter, I'm just super happy about being back on OSI for now.

My reason for visiting ScriptUO was mainly to find a lighter path to some of my in-game goals. I do hope to find some active members of the UO community as well, since that is really the core of this game for me.

Thanks for taking time to read this, see you around!

/Jacks

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everyone, I'm Jacks!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 05:02:05 AM »

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline JacksTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jacks has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 05:14:15 AM »
Thanks!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 07:31:58 AM »
Well said all around, Jack.  Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 01:47:48 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: