Author Topic: Vet Player Coming back after break  (Read 5577 times)

Offline voncross01Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • voncross01 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Vet Player Coming back after break
« on: May 14, 2011, 11:16:14 PM »
Hey All,
Been playing off and on for nearly 13 years.  Originally started out On Great Lakes 1997 - If any old timers are around might remember some of the old guilds I was in like "bane" or "dead presidents" and "the black rose". 
For your info I STILL have my original box of UO with the Cloth map and the lapel pin!!!! I have been playing on Legends but got to the point I was paying for 5 accounts and it was too expensive.  So I decided to check out some free shards and see what they have to offer.  I have played about every american shard at one time or another on OSI, so if you been around for awhile give me a shout..

Thanks
voncross

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: Vet Player Coming back after break
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 11:54:57 PM »
Welcome to the site! I actually do remember the old guilds (like Dead Presidents)! Do you remember Cereal Killers also?? As soon as one of our esteemed Moderators wakes up, I'm sure you'll have access!! Thanks for the intro and again, welcome to the site!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 02:32:20 AM »
Hi Voncross and welcome. How about a little more detail? Maybe a little bit about what you've played all these years across all those servers? Favorite servers? Templates? Just some more substance would be nice ;)

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 06:42:39 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 07:22:58 AM »
welcome aboard
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 07:45:19 AM »
Welcome to the site.  i just recently made a few characters on GL.  Seems like a nice shard.  Enjoy the community here.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 09:26:34 AM »
There's too much blue in this thread (even Gimlet, who wrote in blue!)  :P
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 10:24:29 AM »
hehehehehehe

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 11:20:26 AM »
That's funny about the lapel pin.  After I got my R/L mother hooked on UO, she would wear that pin into court when she was defending her clients.  I got a chuckle out of that.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Notsopearlsnomore

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Notsopearlsnomore has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 11:29:19 AM »
I still yearn for those first years of uo. Since then they never managed to make a game with the same type of atmosphere and charm as in UO (you can dispute this, im curious). I remember the panic i experienced when leaving the guard zone for the first time lol. Me and my pickaxe in Britain's mountain pass (west of city) chopping away when suddenly an ogre makes his appearence and all the feebled mining souls start running away in panic lol...

Welcome to the site :)

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 04:32:31 PM »
welcome to the boards

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 06:12:09 PM »
I have a few cloth maps still...  what i will never forget is just trying to make it past that first t-junction when leaving brit via the mountain pass... the ground would be littered in bodies...... or the mass raids of reds on that dungeon with the harpies at the entrance...  Or the first time i decided to fight back vers run.. and promptly slaughter the attacking mage and dry looted him to boot.

good old days when you could smell the fear in the air.  lol
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Scrripty

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »
Welcome to the site! I actually do remember the old guilds (like Dead Presidents)! Do you remember Cereal Killers also?? As soon as one of our esteemed Moderators wakes up, I'm sure you'll have access!! Thanks for the intro and again, welcome to the site!

I remember the cereal killers.  Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks... they were a lot of fun. :)

Offline voncross01Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • voncross01 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 10:21:38 PM »
Hey Guys thanks for the welcome.  Was actually amazed at the number of comments!
As for my History of UO... I shall tell you the story of the first time in the dungeon of despise.
I started out on my new character!! WARRIOR of course.  My Best friend of the time Kendar had already been playing about a week or so. He handed me a sword that didn't say "Practice Weapon", so I thought I was armed to the gills!  Off I went on my quest to conquer the unknown.  Digging through my backpack I found a faithful torch and entered into the dungeon a little unsure of what would be there!  It was truly a dark and scary place. My torch threw light out only in a small circle around me!  And only if I held it in my hand.  How was I to kill the monsters with a torch.  So I would throw the torch on the ground, grab my sword and as the monsters approached I could see them and hit them!  The entire time my friend and his buddy Laughed uncontrollably!!!  I didn't understand why they seemed to find it so funny that I had to fight by torch light!  Finally after making a fool of myself for about 10 minutes and making only about 15 steps into the dungeon. I saw the words "In Lor" above my friends head and suddenly I saw the dungeon as if someone had turned on the lights!!!  I felt like an idiot.  I was elated until my friend and his buddy killed me.  They wanted to show me what it was like to run as a ghost...  Great Friends...

Post Merge: May 16, 2011, 11:12:13 PM
Here's some info about myself
Played great lakes early on went red with my main character VonCross.  Had a thief named Ziggy hung around the brit bank with my friend Iggy.  worked as a team, one would steal and get guard wacked and the other would loot the grey body real quick. I was sick when they changed the thief template up. I hung with  Kendar, Cola, Aphreal, Redbeard, scooby (who got banned alot) and a few others. I played  with Old Dirty Bast.. well won't finish that name.  Guilds I was in during the 1997 to 2000ish was Dead presidents, Bane, The Black rose, and joined BC (black company) in their early years.  On Atlantic I took a different approach to UO . I started the Crafting trades LiquidMetal was my blacksmith there and I mostly tried to make gold and socialize. 
As UO developed I tried my best to adapt to the changes.  I was one of the ones who didn't like the Tram/Fel split.  So I quit for a bit, but was lured back by my friends. Had characters on most shards but focused on Great lakes until it became so laggy and full of BC which I had long left.  When shard transfer tokens came about I packed my bags and moved to Legends.  Where I have spent the last several years.  Guilds were BOSS, AE, L|D, and a couple I can't even remember.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:12:13 PM by voncross01 »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 03:28:04 AM »
Thats the kind of information and effort we appreciate!

WELCOME again

Tags: