Author Topic: New Member (kinda)  (Read 2356 times)

Offline DigitalRacerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • DigitalRacer has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New Member (kinda)
« on: December 29, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
Hi all,
Returning after a number of years (last login to easyuo in 2007 it said the other day).  My wife and I played UO for 6 or 7 years, had about 9 accounts between us (can you say hoarders?), and basically burned out on it.  We played WoW for a number of years and lately Rift but got burned out on those as well.  A week or so ago the wife said she wanted to try UO again and I said really?  That 3/4 third person pixelated client?  So I set her up and ended up getting an account myself to help her out. Now we have two houses and are frantically trying to get a few chars back up to the levels we once had.  Origin has been of no help trying to recover any of our old accounts :(  Thank goodness for SoT's !

I really like the new client but am disappointed in the lack of 3rd party "tools" available for it.  Which is what brings me back to you folks.  I have been a programmer for over 30 years and manage a group of engineers for a servo amplifier manufacturer in the Los Angeles area who is always looking for good programmers  :)

So I hope to be able to add some value to the site with script additions and tools.  I consider myself a software architect more than a programmer and am always interested in object oriented methodology as it applies to different languages.

Thanks,
DigitalRacer

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: New Member (kinda)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 01:31:57 PM »
I would definetly check out the stealth client it is the closest to OOP.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 02:08:07 PM »
Welcome to SUO and back to UO! What server are you playing on? There are not a ton of 3rd party stuff for the enhances client but Pinco's ui is your best bet.

http://stratics.com/community/forums/uo-enhanced-client-discussion.454/  (This Stratics forum talks about the enhanced client and addons. There is more than Pinco's but it's the best.)

http://stratics.com/community/forums/pincos-ui.667/  (This Stratics forums discusses Pinco's client and he participates as well. He is very active.)

http://www.guain.it/pincoUI/  (This is were you get it. It is his website and has forums, bugs section, and guides on how to use it.)

I use the enhanced client from time to time but it is more laggy than the classic and it doesn't have EasyUO/ScriptUO!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 02:19:15 PM »
I would definetly check out the stealth client it is the closest to OOP.

Thanks, I will do that!

Post Merge: December 29, 2013, 02:22:24 PM
Welcome to SUO and back to UO! What server are you playing on? There are not a ton of 3rd party stuff for the enhances client but Pinco's ui is your best bet.

http://stratics.com/community/forums/uo-enhanced-client-discussion.454/  (This Stratics forum talks about the enhanced client and addons. There is more than Pinco's but it's the best.)

http://stratics.com/community/forums/pincos-ui.667/  (This Stratics forums discusses Pinco's client and he participates as well. He is very active.)

http://www.guain.it/pincoUI/  (This is were you get it. It is his website and has forums, bugs section, and guides on how to use it.)

I use the enhanced client from time to time but it is more laggy than the classic and it doesn't have EasyUO/ScriptUO!

Thanks for the many links, I will check them out when I'm out of game.

Right now I'm playing on the EA server, but would like to hear what everybody recommends for a free server.

Thanks again,
DR
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:22:24 PM by DigitalRacer »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 02:36:40 PM »
Thanks for the intro, restricted status lifted.

Welcome to ScriptUO!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 03:57:06 PM »
Thanks for the intro, restricted status lifted.

Welcome to ScriptUO!

X

Thanks!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 05:13:13 PM »
Welcome!

hurricane

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 05:40:24 PM »
Welcome back man, how many other people started playing again after 5 to 7 years?, still fun though even if the new games are all pretty now days.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 03:31:30 PM »
Welcome back man, how many other people started playing again after 5 to 7 years?, still fun though even if the new games are all pretty now days.
Thanks everyone!
Happy new Year!
Apparently I have found the set of UO glasses I lost several years ago cause the game looks pretty good in the EC.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 04:09:38 PM »
Welcome to ScriptUO and as always abuse the search button !!

Tags: