Author Topic: Imbuing 101!  (Read 7103 times)

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Imbuing 101!
« on: August 14, 2009, 05:30:24 PM »
This is technically a little early to post in Script Debug, but I might as well. I have begun work on an Imbuing trainer, but I would like input on the best things to attempt at different skill levels! Please take into account: Resource Cost, Resource Availability, Scripting Simplicity, etc. when making suggestions! Any and all help will be credited and greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

UOMaddog

*Note: I will continually update this main post with the beginnings of the script and a skill "table" for training!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Imbuing 101!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 06:12:44 PM »
 *spoilers* Catch up with the closed-beta testers...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As would be expected, the closed-beta testers had knowledge for months of things that would help them in the game. Let's reveal some of these now in an attempt to "even the playing field"...

- Scroll Binders: those +5, +10, and +15 skill scrolls that people often just drop at the bank? Yea, they are totally awesome now. Get enough of them (think it is 10 for each level) and you upgrade to the next! I've been hordeing them since I heard about them, cleaning out vendors that sell some as low as 500gp each. I have never had a +20 magery scroll. I will now.

- Rare Gems: wonder why they've been kinda hard to find? yea, that's the beta testers buying them up by the boatload because they are needed for imbuing... same with peerless ingrediants. Start mining! or buy what you can.

- ToT Minors: don't turn em in! Most of them can be unraveled for a Relic Fragment. It's much better to unravel 100 minors than 10 majors.

- Granite: you are gonna need a lot of it for gargoyle armor/weapons.

- Staining: those decorative plants of all sorts of colors that people throw away at the bank or sell for pennies? They are used in the new staining system, which allows you to make dyes from plant clippings. Horde those colorful plants! You can dye all sorts of things, even artifacts. Sell your ToT dyes now if you have a ton, while some of their colors are still unique, you can get pretty close with the new system.

-Soulstone Fragments: you can now craft one-charge soulstone fragments, so the value of the 5-charge ones could be effected.

I'll post more later...

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 08:21:29 PM »
wow, awsome stuff Mass

explain the spell binders a little bit?
i can exchange 10 10 magery's for 1 15, and then 10 15's for 1 20?

and for the staining, is it all plents or specific ones?

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 09:22:26 PM »
I just need a general skill table to base the script off of. I just started playing with the Beta yesterday so I'm hoping that some other people have already figured out what needs to be done to train Imbuing. For example, to what skill level can you gain simply by unraveling? etc.

Post up your ideas so I can get this written by the time SA is released publicly!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 09:43:17 PM »
You can unravel loot up to about 29 skill then you have to imbue things to gain.

seen that in a post on stratics. not sure if its correct but itd be a starting point to check

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 04:56:08 AM »
So basically they stole the Enchanting profession from WoW, even the way you train it. Amazing.

Thanks a lot for that detail Masscre, stuff like that is very helpful and makes things a little more fair for those of us who didn't get chosen for a Beta.

X
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 04:58:00 AM by 12TimesOver »
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 06:35:41 AM »
mmm so if u have 10 +15 mage scrolls u can turn it into a 20 magery?  WTF

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 06:36:43 AM »
unraveling takes you up to 35 skill maddog, but because imbueing skill has to be utilized by a gargoyle we will each have to create a new charachter which this way you can start the new charcter out with 50 skill points.

And yep C2 yes you can turn in all those low end scrolls to get one a level higher, but the number is to be determined righ tnow yes it is 10.

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 07:23:52 AM »
unraveling takes you up to 35 skill maddog, but because imbueing skill has to be utilized by a gargoyle we will each have to create a new charachter which this way you can start the new charcter out with 50 skill points.

And yep C2 yes you can turn in all those low end scrolls to get one a level higher, but the number is to be determined righ tnow yes it is 10.

So ... I have to stone all my crafting skills and start a new gargyle char to get this new skill ?
(I have all slots filled)

cu

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 11:00:10 AM »
ug I broker scrolls so i better stop buying the.. friggin uo
there really was no reason to do that change

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 11:08:18 AM »
stat scrolls too?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 01:34:17 PM »
I wouldnt worry to much 10x 15mage skill scrolls = 15 x1.5m approx = 22mil... can pick up a 120mage scroll for less.

On the lower end doesnt make sense either 10 x 1k (105s) = 10k .. about price of a 10k.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 01:45:34 PM »
yes, stat scrolls too from what i've been told

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 05:17:07 PM »
Yes you understood correct rana.  Gargoyles are the only ones that can use the imbueing skill.

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 07:53:39 PM »
Gargoyles are NOT the only ones that can use Imbuing. However, Gargoyles do get a RACIAL PASSIVE bonus to Imbuing (an extra percent change to successfully imbue).

Tags: