Author Topic: Crazy Wedding Stories  (Read 3917 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Crazy Wedding Stories
« on: October 09, 2010, 08:09:24 PM »
I work about two weddings a week, so I figured i'd start a thread about crazy wedding stories!!!!

1. Father of the Bride walks over to the bar and asks for a beer, when the bartender tells him that the keg has been floated he proceeds to lift his leg, rip one, and fan it at the bartender before walking away.

2. Groom invites his ex to his wedding. Bride finds out, takes off her ring, shoves it as far into the cake as she can, and then Leaves. Wedding reception proceeded like nothing had happened.

3. We Setup for a wedding, 2 hours after it was supposed to start we get a call from the wedding party asking where we were and why the wedding wasn't set up. We told them it is set up, just come in. Turned out they booked a hotel in California with the same name as our hotel in Arkansas. *FacePalm*
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: Crazy Wedding Stories
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 08:28:33 PM »
What kind of work at weddings do you do??
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 09:06:55 AM »
number 3 definatly gets my vote... :)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 11:28:41 AM »
Anything from bartending, serving, setting up the chairs for the ceremony, setting up receptions and taking them down.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 05:50:45 PM »
Around 10 to 15 years ago. Back when VHS and VHS C was more prominent I used to video weddings and also take stills from weddings and do my magic on the computer to make them come out super nice. Now there are so many DIY programs out there that it is hard to compete.  It was fun while it lasted.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 07:08:56 AM by Masscre »

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 07:21:13 PM »
I've played organ, piano, or with my brass or string group for MANY weddings. Our best story is this (with my string group).

I was in high school at the time and our music director at school had a wedding gig and knew we had a string group so he asked us if we wanted to play for it and told us how much we were getting paid ($100 each for 1.5hrs of playing which was nice TIMES five of us = $500!) So we went to the Indoor Country Club where the director had told us it was, we arrived and the lady in charge directed us to where we were supposed to set up. We played for our 1.5 hrs until dinner started, then packed up, but we couldn't find the lady in charge again so we just said "F$%# IT" and decided we'd just tell the music director and he could get our payment since he knew the lady. We all went home and monday at school we told him what happened and asked him to get our payment for us. He said "That's strange, I got a voicemail yesterday asking where the string group was and to verify the time since no one had shown up." We were like, well, we went there and played for an hour and a half, it's not our fault if she was too busy to see us there! So he called her back that evening and told her and she said "What?! I told you it was the OUTDOOR Country Club!"  (There are 2 in our town, the Indoor and the Outdoor and they're on opposite sides of town). So needless to say, someone got a free string group at their cocktail hour, someone didn't get ANY strings but WANTED them, and our music director was out $500 because we made him pay it out of his own pocket since obviously the bride's parents weren't going to pay us for a reception we didn't play at!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 05:48:07 AM »
A good friend of mine attended the wedding of a friend of his from highschool.  The wedding was on NYE in Chicago, which is annoying enough already because we were not friends of the couple and were on our own for NYE.  My friend drank too much that night and thinks it will be funny to start slapping random girls on the ass on the dance floor. His wife thinks it's mildly amusing the first time, then gets annoyed and walks away -- not because she cares that he is slapping asses, but because he is sloppy drunk slapping asses at a nice wedding.  Ass-slap number four or so, the guy dancing with the cheeks of the moment gets in my friend's face, threatening.  My friend is a big kid and relatively charming even drunk, and manages to back the guy down from a fist fight without it getting ugly.  However, the father of the bride doesn't think its all OK and HE wants to fight.  He throws a punch that doesn't land and falls down, apparently having had too much to drink himself.  Now FOB is really angry and he bull-rushes my friend.  FOB is a little guy, but he manages to hit my friend in the face coming in like a maniac. My friend loses his temper now, grabs father of the bride by the throat and puts him up against the wall and tells him "I don't care who threw the party I will destroy you!". Now all of the groomsmen are up ready to fight. Meanwhile my friend's wife has wife walked up about the time this happens and she promptly removes my friend from the wedding and they go home.  

At MY wedding my parents have a family friend that returns the invitation +14.  The wedding numbers were pretty tight and we didn't invite kids under 12, which I was kind of bummed about, but whatever.  These clowns take a black sharpie and write +14 on their invitation, so no way that is going to fly when little guys I want there can't go.  I called them a month before the wedding when we got their response and explained that we were at our limit and some of my neices and nephews couldn't come, so they could not bring their whole extended family.  The sneered response was, "Oh, my cousin had a wedding where they excluded people like that."  Uncomfortable conversation, but I guess I made the point because only the couple invited came.  They are a bit younger than my parents, maybe early 50's, so I figure they understand. Turns out they show up at the wedding with an axe to grind. Make that a fork.  

My in-laws put on a really nice wedding for us.  I didn't see a lot of it, but I guess there were pre-dinner stations; an oyster bar, a sushi chef, a martini bar, a shellfish station and some other stuff. All of this was in addition to the open bars and multi-course dinner. All much more than I would have planned, but again, its not really my wedding, its my wife's.  Apparently +14 was on a mission to get me back for excluding some of their family by eating for all of the family members who couldn't be there.  Multiple people told me after the fact that he accumulated a huge pile of empty plates from the pre-dinner stations washing it all down with 4-5 martini's.  This takes place in the 30 minutes between the ceremony and the reception while we took some pictures.  The people who sat at his table for dinner told us that he ordered two extra plates at dinner time and ate it all.  Three filets and three peices of fish, plus the starch and vegetable which I can't remember.

About 45 minutes after dinner +14 starts throwing up, first on the deck outside and then in the bathroom, and then I got hotel security to take him away to his room for us. I saw the deck just after and it looked like it must have been entertaining.  Lots of mopping to make that right.  My wife never noticed any of this during the course of the evening, but she was super happy that everyone came in from the deck just in time to dance the Horah.  She said it was the best dance she had ever been to. She cracked up when I told her later why everyone came running in to dance with her.

The most interesting part for me was that +14 were not of the hill people from my side of the family (who I half expected to make a spectacle of themselves, but were perfectly well behaved), these are the wealthy descendants of the Blatz beer family. Leading up to the wedding I had been worried that someoe from my family would make a scene, but I had been worried about the wrong people. Go figure.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 07:41:59 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 07:34:54 AM »
Watch out for the affluent belching shellfish!!  lol
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 09:43:19 AM »
Dang Paul, I'd have to say that Definitely Tops anything I've got!!!

MY boss did inform me yesterday that the Bride from our wedding yesterday morning wanted to be married on 10/10/10 at 10:10:10, which I found kind of funny. The Maid of Honor was counting the seconds and told the bride when to say "I do."

OH, I almost forgot one of my Favorite Stories.

Working a Wedding out on one of the gardens at the hotel I am Employed by. Its a BUSY day, 7 Receptions in TOTAL. 2 Back to Back Ceremony's in the Garden I am working in with only 1 hour between to clean and reset everything. It's Cake Cutting Time and the groom decides to be polite and gently Feeds His Bride, Bride Decides to not be so nice and Smashes cake into his face. The Groom takes a step back shocked at the fact he now has icing ALL over his face, quickly steps towards the cake shoving both hands into the middle layer and flings the whole top half of the cake at his bride. Needless to say a Cake fight Ensued between the Groom and the Groomsmen in their rented Tuxes all over the garden with the bride looking like she is going to kill someone. After the groom and groomsmen take a nice Dip in the pool, still in their tuxes, everything goes back to normal.... ish.

Cleaning Up a LARGE amount of Cake on a grassy Area is a HUGE pain in the REAR, especially when you only have 1 HOUR to setup for the Next One.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 09:49:45 AM »
They are definitely fun stories.  Cracked me up thinking about it again. thanks for posting MWinc.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 09:50:32 AM »
Yeah, I had no idea it would be such a funny thread! I was just getting a kick out of all the craziness at work!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Tags: