Author Topic: BoD sorter?  (Read 3623 times)

Offline MurdokTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Murdok has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
BoD sorter?
« on: December 17, 2021, 09:28:01 PM »
I was thinking about a way to sort bods down further.... say container bods or studded leather or weapon bods ect... is it possible?  Has it been done already and I just dont see it?

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: BoD sorter?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 09:00:49 AM »
Everyone has an idea how to sort bods. Most bod sort scripts focus on the original 2 skills (blacksmith & tailoring), but I have not seen any public ones that deal with the other skills.

Some people want the sorting by bod rewards.
I had a purpose to assemble large bods with small bod matches - so I did one that was a little different.

I wrote a simple one, but it doesn't do much more than separate each into 3 books per craft skill. I have 3 books that will be for the craft skill, then large bods, small bods to fill large bods, then small bods that are not connected for any large bod.
If you have less than 125 bods for the book, then it will sort them in the same order, so it is easier to see if you have bods to fill a large. That is the only fancy part of the script. I wanted it to actually go beyond that and sort any quantity of bods, but I never added that feature.

A script that just separates by craft skill is simple - use the color of the bod and the name of the book.
I have also seen a script that focuses on the reward for the bod, but only tailor and smith focused. This is not so much the case anymore because you get reward points and can select which item you want when turning in or going to the npc and redeeming a reward based on banked points. It still has merit for optimizing your points instead of banking points.

How are you looking to sort bods?
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 11:57:31 AM »

Thats the million dollar question!   I am currently sorting out carp smalls to fill for saws.... I have no prob bribing up the junk ones to decent ones but when you are filling smalls for thousand or so saws every second you can save is a good thing! 

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 04:55:47 PM »

I think the easy answer is ti sort the bods that cant be filled via script... basically the junk bods that arnt worth the resource cost?  Also Im looking for a working collecting script  any suggestions?

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 11:23:33 PM »
I will post my simple sorter. Look for it on the forums here.

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 09:34:24 AM »
Kali build on for Open UO.  http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=49574

Bod was sorted  by reward.  I haven't running it since 2016. 

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 07:10:58 PM »
I will post my simple sorter. Look for it on the forums here.

Thanks!   will make filling a chunk  of my bod collection so I can get back to getting them again!

Post Merge: January 09, 2022, 07:13:17 PM
Kali build on for Open UO.  http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=49574

Bod was sorted  by reward.  I haven't running it since 2016.

I could not make it run.....
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 07:13:17 PM by Murdok »

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 12:24:55 AM »
So the script The Ghost pointed you to is for OpenEUO not Easyuo. OpenEUO hasn't been touched in years (2013?) and that thread - even the author said was complicated to setup and fix - before the changes to the BOD system. OpenEUO has a very strict directory structure to get it going. KaliOfLS' script is made of 3 base scripts and then he has a library you need to install - so there is a lot to do getting it to work.

The major reason for doing something in OpenEUO was for speed purposes, but it was considered by most an unfinished project.  OpenEUO does have regular expressions which are really nice for text processing, but has its own learning curve. Delving into it is not a simple task and especially today needs some pretty good programming skills, because you will probably be alone on the project. Sorting BODs is not a speedy process, there is a lot of waiting on timers to prevent you doing things too quickly (each drag/drop operation takes most of 1 second). In summary, there is not a speed advantage to do this in OpenEUO, but there could be some sleek regular expression processing.

Considering the changes to the BOD systems and you were talking about 'saws' (Carpentry rewards), that is probably not going to help you. After all, it was written for the BODs when there was only tailor and blacksmith. I revised the s7Bodfiller script to accommodate all the other craft skills and can attest that Large BODs and Tailoring-Bone changed after 2010 (when s7Bodfiller had last been updated and long before the expansion of the BOD system).

Getting back to your OP, you really need to examine your BOD organizing goals.
1) sort by reward?
2) sort by Large/Small/Other?
3) sort by worth bribing?
4) sort by material used to make the item?
5) sort by craft skill?

All those are possibilities that others have done or discussed in the past. I asked what your objective was and you indicated uncertainty. I explained that I did one that match #2 and #5 which you said you would like to try. Not sure if you ever did that after I took the time to post those.

There are lots of BOD sort script examples that match #1 and #4 - but for only blacksmith and tailoring - I just counted over 30 over on Easyuo and 3 here, because honestly there is not a lot of development for this game by script authors that is shared like the community was doing 15 years ago.

You will need to analyze your personal goals for what you want to get out of BODs to go any further.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2022, 01:10:52 AM »
You will need to analyze your personal goals for what you want to get out of BODs to go any further.

I agree on me needing how and what to sort.  BoDs just have been something to keep me busy while I am trying to overcome some serious health issues.... 7 stokes plus..... so any help you give is greatly appreciated!  I have downloaded all the scripts but am waiting to where I have a bit more free time to test them out.  Thanks for taking the time you have to get my head pointed the right direction!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2022, 04:48:20 AM »
I would suggest taking 1 craft skill to try one of my scripts that I posted in the other thread. Setup for 1 is simple:
1) 3 Bulk Order Deed Books locked down on the floor (I stacked each skill with 3 books - not a requirement but how I did it).
2) rename the books per the instructions in the post, for Miscellaneous, Large and Small (I do not have the names memorized, but explained the text there)
3) Load up your backpack with deeds that match that skill.
With an empty backpack, you would be able to hold about 120 BODs.
4) Run the script in Easyuo
It will take a while, I did not optimize the algorithm (which is why I was hesitant to post it initially).

To get more mileage out of the sorting ability, I would load up only Large Bods for my skill to sort, then run the script.
Next load up only small bods in my backpack and run the script.
That way I can actually push 100 or so bods all sorted.

I was taking it further and resifting through the books until I had all the Small bods sorted, but if you have < 120 then it at least will show off the script organization.

What you will have is a large bod type all sorted together in the Large book, and in the small bod book the same order for all the component items.

I had no junk (miscellaneous) bods for tailoring and blacksmith - I suspect after the 1600 smith bods I have in the house that these probably do not have small bods that are not part of large bods.

The organization (if you have the amount that fit in your backpack when sorting to an empty BOD BOOK) is a nice match to fill the Large with Smalls. Same order, so easy to locate and see if you have a full set of smalls to complete the large. (That was my goal and it worked well.)

If people really like it I may be able to take the next step and improve the method to sort more BODS than 120 and make it happen quicker. There is a lot of wasted cycles on those scripts, but they served their purpose.

For people who like to sort by rewards, that could also be added - still maintaining the Large-Small relationships. While there are few Large BOD rewards that are worthwhile, when it can be done it is much less resources.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2022, 09:18:29 AM »
I would suggest taking 1 craft skill to try one of my scripts that I posted in the other thread. Setup for 1 is simple:

4800 tinkering bods sorted......  now on to another craft

Tags: