Author Topic: questions about what can and cannot be done. No code needed, just answers.  (Read 1574 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
This idea is an elaborate script that will take many people working on to get to final.  But if it is possible, it will rule.

1. Can you setup a script so the character running it will respond to commands only from specific people?

2. Can you set a script to monitor the health of another character and heal when necessary?

3. Can you set up a script to attack/target/bard/send pet in on a target from a command from someone else in party chat?
i.e. party: discord dark father (Then scriptbot respond by using discord and targets the dark father for example, send pet in ect)
i.e. party: heal xxxx pet or xxx player
i.e. party: follow me through this moongate (bot walks to moongate and travels through)
i.e. party: follow me xbot (bot follows)
i.e. party: stop following (bot stops)
i.e. party: area peace (bot area peaces)
I think you guys get the idea here.

The end result is to create a bot script so diverse that it will have a menu and setup itself based on its skills, ie. if it has barding and magery it wont use pet commands ect.  Having the bot follow, loot corpses, use bos for gold ect.  Making a script that in thoery could be completely controlled through party chat.  I know watching the journal can be done, but targeting and other things will be a little different.  Rez when asked, if its a dexxer, assist on attacks, use skills and such. 

This would be a fully functional bot where you can turn on and off looting and discording attacking ect through chat, wont need to interact with that client at any time.  Even add in "Log off" Command, where the bot will gate to a runebook page at an inn and log off.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Yes on all counts.

And it been done before .. probably many times in diff varitions...  You should check outs Cervza's Bot posted here... it doesnt use party instead it uses gobal vars... and works great as long as bot and player are on the same machine...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: