Author Topic: New on the block  (Read 1723 times)

Offline luamageTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • luamage has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New on the block
« on: January 20, 2015, 02:57:37 AM »
Hello everybody,

I just registered to the board and would like to throw out a quick introduction. I'm playing UO (OSI) for not that long but for a solid 2.5 yrs now and still enjoying it.

When I'm bored with gameplay I usually hack on the EC. I'm not sure if people here are into EC as well, as the flagship tools seem to targeted CC exclusively. However I was never much into using complex scripting but more into the tricks of the trade. So it was never a big problem for me to not use any stuff. Actually I am not looking for the script ressources here but rather for technical discussions :D

Getting my brain melt down on UOSA in IDA has more or less become a pet peeve of mine by now. Most of my time so far I spent on hooking the lua core, which I can now register new functions to (e.g. MouseClick(x,y), CtrlShift()) and also load some lua default libraries Mythic choose to not include (file, os libraries). It only needs some more effort but basically it's game over for the lua engine as there is bare access to the lua_State.

I was looking to get into other areas of the client now, to hook more useful functionality to the lua core, like getting all itemIds on screen, hiding looted corpses, etc. Just at the beginning here though.

I really hope you guys don't just tell me go to hell with your EC crap :D

Cheers,
luamage

P.S. Im really impressed with the work on Stealth. Keep it up guys, really neat stuff!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: New on the block
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:48:47 AM »
Your "quick introduction" is better then about 90% of most introductions...welcome to the site.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 08:46:08 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 07:36:58 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: