Author Topic: Item Evaluation Scripts  (Read 2907 times)

Offline LVTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • LV has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Item Evaluation Scripts
« on: October 28, 2012, 09:35:57 PM »
Hi All,

I have looked through scripts in various places, but other than BMEvalItem, I have not come across any others that 'grade' the item into bands which allow items to be automagically priced to some degree.

Are there any other scripts like this, or does anyone keep the BM one updated with the newer (IE : ter-mur /gargoyle) item types updated?

I have incorporated the BMEvalItems into my vendor stocking script's next release, however in testing I notice that newer types are not recognized and return a value of 0.

Thanks in advance,
LV

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Item Evaluation Scripts
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:23:01 PM »
umm never new about BM itemeval....  sounds intesresting .. what item stocking script are you using
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline LVTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • LV has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 03:42:07 PM »
I am using my own,

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=10483.0
(shameless plug)

The next version going up (later tonight I hope) incorporates BMEval however it doesnt work with newer (gargoyle) items, it was never updated.  It doesnt look hard to update, but from what I read, even for items it does it work on, it evaluates them based on older game mechanics, what used to be valuable, so it needs an overhaul.  That's why I was wondering if anyone ever updated it or knew of other similar scripts, as it is a very useful concept.

LV

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 06:34:33 PM »
Pretty much you would give the Call his subs using the ID, and it would return the Imbuing Weight of the Object. And then you could do your math/logic from there.

Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline LVTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • LV has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 07:51:57 PM »
Yeah, the coding isn't hard, my issue is i have no clue of how to weight items or what is worth what.  Scripting info I have, in game practical info on the value of imbuing or special properties and how they relate to one another as far as an items value i do not.  Heh, i think people hide on ICQ because of conversations such as the following.

me: Whats blahblah worth?
other: about 75,000gp.
me.  oh, i didn't think that much.  Why?
other: (inaudible sigh)...Well... (long explanation)....
me: oh. (totally confused). I don't get it...
other:  I gotta go, ask me later...

lol, maybe in another thousand stupid questions i'll have a framework built enough in my head to update the weights/logic.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 11:54:34 AM »
It is not the best resource, but you can get a better round number for the item you need pricing on by looking it up on Searchuo and looking under atlantic and then finding the item you need priced. This will give you a close idea essecially if there are 5 or 10 of the same item listed.