Author Topic: For all you new scripters.  (Read 1863 times)

Scrripty

For all you new scripters.
« on: September 02, 2009, 12:58:13 PM »
Here's a little script I just threw together really fast to train up some chiv and spirit on my dexer.  Thought it might be fun for someone to pick apart and gawk at. :)  It's very very simple, but will give you an opportunity to see how some things work in a more simple way.  So you can start writing your own little snippets to do what you need fast.

This should be fairly easy for a new script to tear into and understand.  Basically it just waits for enough mana to cast the correct spell for the correct level and stops when it reaches the skill I wanted...  Handy little script if you can figure it out and modify it for your chars. :)

This could lead into an account creation script... where you take ALL the skills that are use based and do them 6 at a time on a character till they are maxed, then just stone them where you want.  Not a bad idea.

Code: [Select]
start:
wait 1s
repeat            ;
{                 ;
wait 1            ; wait for mana to be greater than 16
}                 ;
until #mana > 16  ;
         chooseskill Chiv           ; choose chiv, if greater than 75
         if #skill >= 750           ; goto holy light, if not, cast
            goto holylight          ; enemy of one.
        _damnit:
        SET !checkmana #mana    ;
        event Macro 15 206      ;
        wait 30                 ; my silly little Enemy of One casting
        IF #mana >= !checkmana  ;
           goto _damnit         ;
        ELSE                    ;
           goto continue             ; skip chiv casting if done EOO
        holylight:
        chooseskill chiv          ;
        if #skill >= 800          ;
           goto continue          ;
           ;goto noblesacrifice   ;
        _shoot:                   ; holy light, cast over and over
        set !checkmana #mana      ; until successfull
        event macro 15 207        ;
        wait 30                   ;  you get the hint now... :)
        IF #mana >= !checkmana    ;
           goto _shoot            ;
        ELSE
           goto continue
        noblesacrifice:
        if #skill >= 900
           goto continue
        event macro 15 208
        wait 30

continue:
chooseskill spir
if #skill >= 580
  goto end1
waitmana:
repeat
{
   wait 1s
}
until #mana > 10
_shoot123:
set !checkmana #mana
event macro 13 32
IF #mana >= !checkmana
goto _shoot123
end1:
goto start
end:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:08:56 PM by Scripty »

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: For all you new scripters.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 08:42:05 PM »
If I get some free time (HA?! with college starting again!) I'll write up one of my tutorials again, with a step by step script and adding in features
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 10:25:54 AM »
If I get some free time (HA?! with college starting again!) I'll write up one of my tutorials again, with a step by step script and adding in features

Yea this is a horrible little snippet.  But I needed to raise my skills to a certain level, and I didn't want the script to stop with one skill so I made the 2 skills I wanted to use go until their level was reached, and then the other would keep on going.  After writing that I'm considering making a template guilder script. :)  Just pick the char you want from a menu, have on a lrc suit and away you go.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 12:10:03 PM »
That's not a bad idea at all! If you start a project like this, I'd be glad to help. I have code snippets for training just about every single skill. I thought about making an All-In-One script like some people have, but just don't have the time to!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: