Poll

The subjet is the question.  Face book account, yay or nye?

Yes
15 (68.2%)
No
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Do you have a Facebook account?  (Read 4971 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Do you have a Facebook account?
« on: September 05, 2012, 05:54:48 PM »
Am I the only one that doesn't have one and hates Facebook like a wart plague?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have a Facebook account?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 06:08:54 PM »
I keep up with my grandkids with it - so I enjoy it

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 06:13:12 PM »
Best way to plan huge family functions, holiday get togethers, snowboarding trips, and a great place to Alienate myself with my random political soap box rants.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 06:13:18 PM »
I have one, but also hate the company behind it and thier total lack of respect for thier members.  But it does enable easy contact with my physically distant family members... try as i might I cannot seem to get them to shift to dispora

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »
Yet nobody is voting... ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 06:22:08 PM »
While certainly not as active as many in my family, I do have one.  It is the most convenient way to keep in touch with friends and family all in one place.  Being able to see photos of the new cousins in the family that I've never met is nice.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 06:38:28 PM »
I've got one though I am bored of it shortly after I opened it.  Best thing to come of it is my old highschool sweet heart contacted me on it and now I get to call her my wife.  Not to many can say they managed to marry the highschool sweet heart so that is a bonus.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 08:27:11 PM »
I do have one

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 08:42:55 PM »
Have one and use it. Staying in Contact with Peoples i met in UO and other Games and who have no ICQ\MSN\AIM.
I use Facebook to communicate content of my Traineeship like classwork solutions, Homework and such.

I personal think in times like know it doesnt matter where we register.. as long as we have internet , the route who gets our Personal Information is not higher or lower.. it only decides the queue who rape it first and last.

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 10:33:12 PM »
I guess I'm old school, I caught up with my high school chica on MySpace. She is my wife now as well. Heh, MySpace.......pfft!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 05:13:09 AM »
Between the two of us, the wife and I have about 7 accounts =P

Every now and then, there is a facebook game that strikes our interest.  They all require gifts from friends, so we made our own friends.

Do not buy this stock people!  I figure at least 2/3s of the accounts are people like me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 05:18:58 AM »
Between the two of us, the wife and I have about 7 accounts =P

Every now and then, there is a facebook game that strikes our interest.  They all require gifts from friends, so we made our own friends.

Do not buy this stock people!  I figure at least 2/3s of the accounts are people like me!

LOL that is too funny. 
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 06:16:43 AM »
@ Canuker...  I can say I married my highschool sweetheart heh.   It's sad but funny when our anniversary rolls around it's 6 married / 16 together lol..

Anyway.... Facebook is EVIL, which is why I let the wife do all that hard face-booking ??  & I just get to reap the rewards. 

Wife: "Hey were going over for a BBQ tonight.."
Me: "Sweet I didn't know so & so had today off work"
Wife: "He doesn't... they have the steaks, your BBQ'ing em"

LoL.... so went Labor day.  Working for a restaurant bleh.... sucks for him!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 08:06:45 AM »
I think FB has value right now, but I doubt he model in the long run and suspect that we will "connect" with the people we want to in another way in ten years. -- Plus the company is run really "douchey" -- which makes me think Zuckerberg is a douche. 

I wouldn't buy the stock either.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 08:28:45 AM »
It is hard to believe that even at this price the forward looking price/earnings for FB is around 40.    All said though you can't blame Zuck for milking the IPO for all it was worth, that is jsut part of the deal and clearly the market thought it was all good for at least one day.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Tags: