Author Topic: cLAW: Long delays and eventual crashes?  (Read 6808 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: cLAW: Long delays and eventual crashes?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 08:44:24 AM »
Seeing from your logs, you are looting a billion items at a setting and the logging gets kinda long.

Indeed.  Indeed I am.  MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

*ahem*  Sorry about that - channeled a bit of Dr. Evil for a moment.

I appreciate all the effort to review the log files to find a solution!  I'll let you know after my run tonight if the log option/commenting works.  First, though, I have ANOTHER BILLION ITEMS to sort.

MUAHAHAHAHA!

*ahem*

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 09:08:11 AM »
let it run for a while with that code commented out and send another var dump to see if that's helping or not.  It's been a while since I've played with the CLAw (or any script for that matter) so there could be other issues.

don't forget to check the LPC.  If the LPC is too high on the honor and attack script, that will impact the speed that the CLAw loots.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 09:27:49 AM »
On Newer Processors you also have to be careful with the ol LPC. With a lot of things in game the difference between 20 and 100 LPC is negligible. Even 20 and 1000 is almost non existent for most applications, but it will Increase your CPU regardless. The Higher your CPU goes, the Slower your Scripts go, no Matter your LPC.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 09:45:37 AM »
True true.  EUO scripts basically share an LPC pool.  If you have one script that's constantly running at high LPC, it will detract from the other scripts performance.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 09:47:40 AM »
And if all else fails you might have to switch from using a "Call" to actually incorporating the script into your code at the bottom and then using a gosub. Calls take longer.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 09:55:59 AM »
also very true.  I switched from calls to gosubs years ago.  I found their stability would cause EUO to crash when I would run the calls based files from a NAS.  Just made everything unstable.  But after I got rid of those calls, the scripts would run forever.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 12:24:19 PM »
also very true.  I switched from calls to gosubs years ago.  I found their stability would cause EUO to crash when I would run the calls based files from a NAS.  Just made everything unstable.  But after I got rid of those calls, the scripts would run forever.

LOL, im going the otherway ... I'm moving everything into calls.... and loving it...

With the buffbar i did some testing on calls.... the slow down from using a call is minimal for all but the most time sensitive scripts.  And interestingly if you call a script more that a couple times a second their is basically zero load time.. probably because the drive still has it in its cache. 

So far no I've had zero problems with my call library and from some of my scripts the librarys are calling themselfs....... but my files are all local.   The only bit that can be tricky about calls is debugging.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 01:36:24 PM »
The stability issue for me was a deal-breaker since I script completely from my Samba shared drive.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 04:09:19 PM »
The stability issue for me was a deal-breaker since I script completely from my Samba shared drive.

Yea i can how that would be an issue...  but right now im going to take the drawback of not being ale to use a network drive over the benifit of not having a 100 version of my code all over the place.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 07:22:14 PM »

but right now im going to take the drawback of not being ale to use a network drive over the benifit of not having a 100 version of my code all over the place.

I hit that point a while back with a lot of my scripts because I kept having to update the Individual Subs in 20 Scripts every Time I found a glitch. But, its 10x more Difficult to debug a script when its in call mode as well, so for that reason I went back to having the code in the scripts themselves. Maybe 1 Day, in the Far off Future I'll have a call Library that I can build my scripts from, but for now everything is still evolving too fast for that.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 09:20:18 PM »
Back before EUO 1.5, you could actually successfully debug called scripts.  Cheffe just kinda gave up on 1.5 and never debugged the debugging process.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: