Author Topic: So... Bard Materies  (Read 2436 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
So... Bard Materies
« on: June 18, 2010, 04:56:57 AM »
Are basically a bust.

Everyone is complaining that the mana upkeep makes them useless.

Thoughts?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: So... Bard Materies
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 05:18:09 AM »
It is true that they use alot of mana but I built my bard around a mage/bard combo so I have plenty of mana regen.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 05:45:13 AM »
Have you actually tried the new masteries?

Guys have built 40 LMC, 100 LRC, 18+ MR suits with their 100 Med and they still say the mana upkeep cannot be met.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 06:23:01 AM »
Yes I have selected and am using one of the masteries. But I am not trying to use the mastery spells, if you want to call them that, as my primary skill but rather as a way to take down the spawn and only using the mastery every few minutes.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 06:28:58 AM »
Are you using them solo?

The talk is mostly about the group effects. Benefits to members and such.

I've read a little about using a Tamer/Bard and that it's more beneficial to ignore the mastery and use the mana to cure the Greater Dragon.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 07:13:47 AM »
They're still testing changes, especially with mana consumption rates.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 11:22:26 AM »
Have you actually tried the new masteries?

Guys have built 40 LMC, 100 LRC, 18+ MR suits with their 100 Med and they still say the mana upkeep cannot be met.

On my disco mystic that I use in doom, I do have 40 lmc, 100 lrc, 21 mr, 115 focus and 105 med (don't have higher scrolls yet). Mana does drop but not as fast as everyone has said it would. But I am setup for it though.... I really find it to be a waste as the masteries don't appear to be doing enough to warrant not being able to cast anything else.

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 07:13:39 PM »
I have to agree with dreams. The only "mastery" that really has any benefit when not in a party is discord. All the others could be of some benefit to a non-standard template, but that is about it.
I use peace mastery to regen stamina while running through abyss (when dragging my GD along), but that is about all I get out of it. I tried to use it to beef up a discord tamer's mana regen, but the +8 hardly put a dent in their upkeep.

I am echo cervesa's opinion, better to use mana for cast and heal and general support. (shameless plug, that's what my script is all about).

Plus, if you are set up to regen mana for bard masteries, you can actually do more damage over time with mindblast. As I remember, over time, discord equates to about the same damage as lightning bolt.

One thing I have not seen mentioned is lich form. Wraith form would help more, but the 100 SS could be a tight fit.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 07:19:11 PM by baldielocks »

Tags: