Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.19  (Read 378989 times)

Offline Mystre

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Mystre has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Heartwood Quester feedback thread
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2008, 05:58:54 PM »
i just took a look at this script for the first time in a while...

"; v1.13   - Switch back to key ESC to fix bugged cursor.  Thanks Mystre!"

haha that was me :P i feel so helpful! LoL

I just got the newest version up and running... works flawlessly from what i can tell thus far... slower than my modded SM quester but i guess its a toss up speed or stability ;) leme know if you need testers for this or any of your other stuff.

Some other ideas for V2.0
1. utilize send mail... i have this is my modded SM quester, nice to get a txt when i get a yew or hw i also want to incorporate a status update via txt in my moded version since i am not home all day to watch it.. or maybe just a con lost or crash trigger

2. rails... the work great but man in stinks to have my mouse in the middle of the uo screen, i use the MOVE command in my modded version rather than pathfinding, this isnt as reliable but i can literally just have the quest offer portion of uo visible and use my pc as normal otherwise. maybe another option or a hybrid version?

3.  beetle feeding, using time to feed beetle every so often? 5 hours maybe? a check to see if since last fed greater than time allot at wood refill? i think we talked about it b4

4. i like status on the uo title... area, time running, kits, quests done etc. (just a suggestion on the menu :P)

over all nice work man!! just some feature suggestions :

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2008, 06:08:23 PM »
Are you making sure you are running the CLAw in another tab of the same EasyUO instance?  You can't run the CLAw in it's own EasyUO, it can't communicate with the quester then.

Yes, another tab. But, I am using the claw lite. I assume that would make a difference? If so, where would one get the full claw? Not sure if thats the issue though since I also get the cant find the rail tool error too if I skip over the claw part.

I'm not sure what's wrong otherwise; I was just using this for testing the other day with the CLAw Lite.  You'll just have to be sure to carefully follow the setup instructions; they seem to work OK.  Otherwise you might try and explain anything else you might be doing and your general setup.  Also, have you gotten the older version of the Quester running?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2008, 06:15:12 PM »
i just took a look at this script for the first time in a while...

"; v1.13   - Switch back to key ESC to fix bugged cursor.  Thanks Mystre!"

haha that was me :P i feel so helpful! LoL

I just got the newest version up and running... works flawlessly from what i can tell thus far... slower than my modded SM quester but i guess its a toss up speed or stability ;) leme know if you need testers for this or any of your other stuff.

Some other ideas for V2.0
1. utilize send mail... i have this is my modded SM quester, nice to get a txt when i get a yew or hw i also want to incorporate a status update via txt in my moded version since i am not home all day to watch it.. or maybe just a con lost or crash trigger

2. rails... the work great but man in stinks to have my mouse in the middle of the uo screen, i use the MOVE command in my modded version rather than pathfinding, this isnt as reliable but i can literally just have the quest offer portion of uo visible and use my pc as normal otherwise. maybe another option or a hybrid version?

3.  beetle feeding, using time to feed beetle every so often? 5 hours maybe? a check to see if since last fed greater than time allot at wood refill? i think we talked about it b4

4. i like status on the uo title... area, time running, kits, quests done etc. (just a suggestion on the menu :P)

over all nice work man!! just some feature suggestions :

Well, 2.0 has been out in Elite for quite some time.   ;)

I used to love having my scripts with status in the UO title, but it does fight with either UOA or Razor, so I did opt for having a very detailed UI for 2.0.

2.0 does beetle feeding also. 

As for rails, one of the options of the rail engine is to either use pathfinding OR move.  You do have to change the individual waypoints in the rail file, but since there are so few of them, it would be easy.  (Your rails can even be made up of moves AND pathfinds) However, it's already "selectable" in a sense.  Load up the rail into the rail engine and take a look.  In any event, I opted to use pathfinding for this script since it is publically released, it has to be rock-solid stable.  One can take note that we NEVER hear about people with rail issues (or it's rare).  Stability is paramount for a script like this.  ;)

Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2008, 06:47:42 PM »

Yes, another tab. But, I am using the claw lite. I assume that would make a difference? If so, where would one get the full claw? Not sure if thats the issue though since I also get the cant find the rail tool error too if I skip over the claw part.

Ok, just for S&G's, I fired up everything and started the scripts and followed the original instructions and everything works fine.  Bonus is this was a brand-new computer, so I don't have the normal setup defaults as you might find; my paths are different,etc.  So just make sure you have the lastest client, EUO, etc and that everything is in the same folder as your EUO.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Dessin

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Dessin has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2008, 03:21:52 AM »
Are you making sure you are running the CLAw in another tab of the same EasyUO instance?  You can't run the CLAw in it's own EasyUO, it can't communicate with the quester then.

I'm not sure what's wrong otherwise; I was just using this for testing the other day with the CLAw Lite.  You'll just have to be sure to carefully follow the setup instructions; they seem to work OK.  Otherwise you might try and explain anything else you might be doing and your general setup.  Also, have you gotten the older version of the Quester running?

I downloaded the older version to see if I can could it running and I get the same Cannot locate tool_railengine30k.txt error that I get if I comment out the CLAw requirement from the new one. It seems like its just not able to see any of the files that are required. I don't think the issue is with CLAw itself, but something on my end that is keeping the quester from seeing anything for me. The tool_railengine30k.txt file is in the same folder as the script yet the script just refuses to see it.

Like I said, I know this is an issue on my end because everyone else seems to be having nothing close to this problem. I just can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Everything is up to date that I can see.

As for setup, I am not getting very far with it. I open up Easy, load CLAw Lite, load the sampleclawsetup.txt file, save said file, open up quester, hit play, get error saying ClAw isn't set up and do I want to continue with BMEval. Either answer to that question tells me to start up CLAw and wait for it to initialize before restarting.

Offline Lord Demian

• Activity:
    0%
  • Lord Demian has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2008, 06:06:25 AM »
i'm playing in a free shard, the script can run?

Offline Lord Demian

• Activity:
    0%
  • Lord Demian has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2008, 06:07:33 AM »
what are the file that i need tu run the script?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2008, 08:16:06 AM »
Dessin, where did you put the tool_railengine30k.txt file?
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2008, 08:17:24 AM »
i'm playing in a free shard, the script can run?

Freeshard people have a hard time running this script.  It's only meant to be run on OSI.  Since each freeshard is somewhat different, it would be nearly impossible to support all of them.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Dessin

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2008, 08:39:49 AM »
Dessin, where did you put the tool_railengine30k.txt file?

In the same folder as the other scripts, which is the same folder as my easyuo exe file.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2008, 08:54:03 AM »

In the same folder as the other scripts, which is the same folder as my easyuo exe file.

Ok, you got me.  Sounds like there's something really basic wrong, but for the life of me I can't think of what that might be.  What's operating system are you using?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Dessin

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2008, 10:34:09 AM »

Ok, you got me.  Sounds like there's something really basic wrong, but for the life of me I can't think of what that might be.  What's operating system are you using?

XP. No biggie though. Don't waste any time on it since its really just isolated to me. Not having any problems with any other scripts though, so I guess fate just doesn't want me using this one. heh

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2008, 12:44:56 PM »
Even stranger.  Normally, some people have issues with Vista and some scripts.  Is there anything else that you might consider "different" about your rig? 

Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2008, 01:40:08 PM »
I have alot of problems when calling scripts so what I do is toss in a display to see where easyuo is trying to call the file from to make sure its correct.

Pause
Display ok call (what ever the call line is here
PAUSE
ect.
ect
ect.

Offline Dessin

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2008, 02:41:44 PM »
Even stranger.  Normally, some people have issues with Vista and some scripts.  Is there anything else that you might consider "different" about your rig? 

No sir. Nothing comes to mind. That's not to say there isn't anything that I could be missing. Something is going on and it seems pretty much confined to me and my little laptop. But everything else seems to work fine. I can use CLAw lite without any problems. I can't run the tool_rail engine thingie directly but I am not sure if you are supposed to be able to. When I open it up and press play it just does nothing. But, the quester closes me out before I even get to that point.