Author Topic: Sailing Around Fishing Quests  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Mad TamerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Mad Tamer has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Sailing Around Fishing Quests
« on: July 15, 2012, 12:25:12 PM »
I have lots of fish and lots of lobsters. I was wondering if anyone know of any scripts that will take me from town to town to town on my boat soo i can drop off the fish?? I was thinking of trying some SoS finding scripts but they say that they don't sail around land masses :(  Thanks

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
Re: Sailing Around Fishing Quests
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 01:36:26 PM »
well if you made a main rail, and then had mini rails that lead to the correct sub-server for the quest..... and then after he quest get a new one. then sail back to the main loop. and check for next quest location? maybe using OCR?? with a sub in there for going to your secure or bank to get the required type and amount of fish for the quest??  I guess that would be my suggestion.  Also an anti-blocking sub for other boats and what not.  and  might as well throw in a magery attack sub for Mobs of the sea? oh and a runebook sub with the towns where the fishmongers are so you can do the quest.

I bet you could make one pretty easy...
just a guess

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 03:46:58 PM »
i do not know of anyone that has pulled this one off public or elite/private.  there is a lot going on with it.  there is no doubt someone may have and i suspect there is an atl vendor doing it but sheesh.  i have never seen a master piece like this would be with my own eyes

Offline Mad TamerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Mad Tamer has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 03:57:35 PM »
dang thanks anyways tho!  It does not have to do the quest like get the fish and accept or turn in the quests. Just move me soo I can relax and fish on my way to there. I guess its not too bad sailing around the world over and over:)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 04:03:33 PM »
dang thanks anyways tho!  It does not have to do the quest like get the fish and accept or turn in the quests. Just move me soo I can relax and fish on my way to there. I guess its not too bad sailing around the world over and over:)

just remember all you have to do is get over teh server line.  you do not have to go all the way to the town.  this will save you crazy amounts of time

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 06:04:42 PM »
It seems Like the Sweet SOS fisher that has the map window and your exact location would be a good one to alter for this?  When you go to a fish monger do you find out the quest? or only after you gt it do you look in your hold on your boat to find out your quest?
I just like that map with all the zones
Maybe for now just a fish quest assistant that helps you but isn't all AFK? hrmm I really like the mp and the zones, need to make the zones just specific places for the best route to cross the sub-server lines. and then.... mark on the map each town of handful you go to for the quests.  I feel this is over my head but Irealy want to dig into it.  maybe.......(wanders off looking for motivational beer)

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 06:16:01 PM »
*Cough* I have the rails half way complete... and I think I have the decrypting the quests partially done, recalling around and pulling the right fish out shouldn't be a problem either... but its summer time and we haven't seen rain in over a month so.... :P

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 01:05:44 PM »
*Cough* I have the rails half way complete... and I think I have the decrypting the quests partially done, recalling around and pulling the right fish out shouldn't be a problem either... but its summer time and we haven't seen rain in over a month so.... :P

I did post something a while back that used a World Map and you simply dropped the Worl Map onto your Tillerman and he would sail to whatever point you told him to sail to.  Actually, I believe it was moved to a location on SUO where I do not have access.  I was hoping that this information along withan anti-blocking sub would help write a script that would us all of us 'poor' Fishermen finish the Fishmonging Quests...

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but I guess now I have to hope for rain.  At least, in your area...   :)
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 02:16:53 PM »
if someone would like to take part in the decrypting the fish monger boxs (figuring how how much of each fish is need for each box) I can get back to the sailing part again :) (I hate spliting strings)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 06:23:46 PM »
if someone would like to take part in the decrypting the fish monger boxs (figuring how how much of each fish is need for each box) I can get back to the sailing part again :) (I hate spliting strings)

Done.  It's here on the forums somewhere.  I can't access my laptop until Friday, but if it's not searchable, hit up gimlet.  I think he may have it. 

I wrote it a year or so ago before giving up on the whole fishing system again.  I also have a pretty good stab at the filling routines and the where-am-I and where-do-I-go routines.

EDIT:  believe me, you do not want to reinvent the box reading subs.  What a nightmare of math that was...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:26:43 PM by NObama »

Tags: