Author Topic: Sharing info between accounts FAST, possible?  (Read 3042 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Sharing info between accounts FAST, possible?
« on: November 13, 2016, 04:19:39 PM »
I've modified my idoc script so many times since first writing it years ago, It's actually quite fun to look back at each set of changes and see the progression from OK script to one I am happy with. Constantly using the script and tweaking it based on actual idoc outcomes has made it better than I had originally set out to make it but I still want to take the next step and make it work even better in combination with a second account. I think it could be even faster if things processed in one script were not processed redundantly in the second.

Is there any documentation about how to share data from multiple scripts as the scripts run? ie: shared ignore list, shared finditem results etc? so two scripts(or more) can avoid evaluating the same things redundantly? I've seen mention of it in a couple of existing public scripts but would like to fully understand the limits and nuances before I tackle it live. Any reading suggestions? Search wasn't much help unfortunately.

P.S. I am a webmaster and running scripts with a desktop or even a server based SQL database would be trivial to set up, has anyone "gone there" and mind sharing their findings? My goal is to get multiple already fast scripts to work together to make them even more effective.

Stuff that can be eliminated if scripts work together, example:
1 account is on N side of house, other on S side. The 2 accounts are aware of their distance from each other. Account 1 spots an item a G_12 directly in front of it and instantly knows that that location is only G_6 from account 2. The item is "handed off" to account 2 as the top priority and account 1 ignores it and scans again. Account two redirects from an item it spotted at G_6 because this item is better.

The above is one thing I'd test, sort of like a hive mind. Another I'd like to test is perhaps an account that doesn't try to pick things up at all, it simply stands by the sign and does nothing but scan the area to itemize and prioritize targets for the other account(s). No time spent evaluating with the item grabbers or time spent running with the evaluating account. Again, how fast the item evaluation could be made and shared would be critical.

MAYBE, if other idocers welcome the idea, scripts from multiple accounts could tap into the same data and  share in the evaluation/priority item processing so that if an item is high on one person's list and is near them the other users would not all make a mad dash for it and would instead find good items near them so that they aren't gone by the time the mad dash is over. Fraps videos show me people running right past things like secret chests, for example, to try and grab a porter tile only for the chest to be gone after they dash back.

I\m gettign ahead of myself maybe, not sure if this is being discussed in the elite section or not, but there seems to be a lot of ways of making things more efficient that would benefit everyone who's on board with it. I hope that wasn't all too confusing.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 04:43:14 PM by Gemviper »

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cybercasper has no influence.
  • Respect: +41
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Sharing info between accounts FAST, possible?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 06:22:30 PM »
Now Gem i have seen that instead of using namespace to make your scripts where you would need or could make more than one script you could look into this
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=2454.msg18806#msg18806 it is using uoxl. from what i get from it is that you have one script that could be used just like a master/slave account. now as far as being able to tell them to do seperate things it would be just like using global namespace. i wish i had an example but at the moment i havent started on a master/slave script. i need a lot more little things before i will be able to doing what i saw Twinkle McNugget made on easyuo with having it pretty much solo the roof.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 06:27:17 PM »
Thanks for that.

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cybercasper has no influence.
  • Respect: +41
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 06:30:23 PM »
no problem if u read the post under this one i was kind of talking about using namespace and uoxl swap.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 12:34:17 AM »
I bookmarked the page, some good stuff there to learn for future scripts and changes :) One little line of script unlocks ideas for others... but not enough hours in the day to do them all.

Thanks again for the link.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 03:13:04 AM »
If a master can pass info to other that attack ,  kill and heal the party, I see this as duable.   I might  go with one guy scanning the area (master) and other account (salve) that to the work.    I had been working of distance targeting, but if one move or you move, complication occur.   Like you mention, documentation is not really available, it seen like we are pushing new ground :)     as me, I will try the namespace Global xxx to pass information.   

Offline BobOzarius

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • BobOzarius has no influence.
  • Respect: +26
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 11:24:51 AM »
If you're trying to make multiple accounts aware of items based on distance, why not do a finditem on one script, or have a data gathering sort of script, and prioritize those items quickly by #findindex and #finddist, then pass that info to any clients based on their distance to each item using system variables. It seems like system variables are the fastest way to communicate between multiple clients. You could set the x and y of each character to variables, then set the x and y of each item to variables, compare the distance between them, and give looting orders to the closest clients to any item found, which would be relatively fast, and then just loot each item in order based on distance from each character.

Tags: