Author Topic: The New Britannian Ship - Worthwhile?  (Read 6466 times)

Online gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
The New Britannian Ship - Worthwhile?
« on: March 09, 2011, 11:50:28 AM »
So I am debating buying a Britannian Ship. (From UOguide)

The Britannian Ship is the largest ship available and was added with the Publish 69.5. It is a 10,000,000 point Cooperative Collection reward from the Britain Library Collection. A High Seas upgraded account is required use them and it comes in a non-transferable, account bound deed. You must donate to the Britannian Waters Section Donation Representative (Fisher) to get these ships as a reward.

In addition to it's high number of cannon mounts (9), two House Addons may be placed on the special pads on the rear quarterdeck of the ship, provided they are 1x1 or similarly small in size, such as Small Forges, Spinning Wheels, etc. The hold size is 28,000.

The biggest down side to this ship (other than trying to dock it somewhere) is that it only moves at the "slow" speed setting.

The question I have is, is it worth it. I have about 200 million in gold so I could afford it (although I may have to start gold farming again to replenish my stash).

Any thoughts

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The New Britannian Ship - Worthwhile?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 03:52:35 PM »
Well as I was telling C2 the other day I have already collected a darn lot of crabs and lobsters, but I am also working on a script to take wood and cloth from a resource container and craft fishing poles and turn them in at the britian library for points. I am working on this in my spare time which is very little of late, but will finish this and you would be able to get a ship for alot less than 100 mil :) if you are willing to wait.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 04:42:33 PM »
I've been running C2's Crab Farmer non stop, yet I still haven't perfected the autolog in after server up yet. you only need about 1 mill Crabs.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 04:46:57 PM »
ok - you guys have convinced me to wait.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 11:10:34 AM »
I call dibs on a spot on the maiden voyage!!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 12:21:17 PM »
I call dibs on a spot on the maiden voyage!!

You got it! (if I remember)

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 04:35:45 PM »
I call dibs on the captains quarters as long as i can bring friend to break it in right lol

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 04:51:55 PM »
i say it is completely not worth it.  unless you run a screen enlarger, you cannot see anything...hehe

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »
c2 is correct unless you just wanted an island in the middle of no where to call your own.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 07:50:56 AM »
You can buy one from me in a couple weeks =D

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 07:52:44 AM »
If it's GL - I might!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 01:07:01 PM »
I do not think you can buy one of the turn in ones. I believe they are account bound.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 01:12:43 PM »
I think you are right! Maybe i can hire him! hehehe

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 03:04:50 PM »
I do not think you can buy one of the turn in ones. I believe they are account bound.

Ah - but you CAN buy commodity deeds...

;)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 04:28:40 PM »
That you can ... but how many commodity deeds will you have to carry around :)

Tags: