Author Topic: New To Scrips  (Read 4873 times)

Offline ladyyvonneTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ladyyvonne has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New To Scrips
« on: March 10, 2013, 10:24:52 AM »
Hi I have been playing UO for years and I love crafting but I would love to be able to use a script to do the clicking for me and give my wrists a rest for a change. I'm afraid I don't really have anything cleaver or witty to write so if you could please allow me to become a member I would be most grateful.

Thank you
An old timer

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: New To Scrips
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 11:12:26 AM »
Hi I have been playing UO for years and I love crafting but I would love to be able to use a script to do the clicking for me and give my wrists a rest for a change. I'm afraid I don't really have anything cleaver or witty to write so if you could please allow me to become a member I would be most grateful.

Thank you
An old timer

Don't need to be witty or crafty, just tell us about you. How many years? What is your favorite crafting skills? Do run a vendor house? What else do you like to do in game? Just be yourself!  ;D

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +156
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 11:35:05 AM »

Thank you
An old timer

Don't need to be witty or crafty, just tell us about you. How many years? What is your favorite crafting skills? Do run a vendor house? What else do you like to do in game? Just be yourself!  ;D
Yep... The idea is to basically put a minimum effort into writing your intro. Hope to see you around the boards!

[]s
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:04:58 PM »
More or less anything is except-able as an intro except leeching... or give-mes ...  basically if theirs no beef/no content then theirs  no entry

standard blurb follows

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to ScriptUO ! 

Your gonna wanna check out This Thread and then return here.

How did you find out about ScriptUO?  What chars do you play ?? Tell us a funny Uo related story... etc

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 02:41:45 PM »
Well I do have a funny story.
 I started playing UO in 1997. When I started playing we only had dial up connection, I was a crafter back then because that's pretty much all I could do. You know..... one step pause for 3min kind of thing. I was out about the third day chopping tree's in Yew. That was the fletcher town back then. I had left the safety of town which I knew was a bad idea but I could hear the trees calling me   :D I was way south of yew when all of the sudden I saw about 5 red guys! I ran towards town or I tried to run towards town, I soon realized I wasn't going to make it so I tried to hide behind a tree  ;D. I thought that you could actually hide behind the big yew tree's and no one would see you.........Darn I guess UO isn't real life after all!!!! 15yrs later I still love playing the crafter. Thanks to trammel rule set I don't have to hide behind tree's, and I have a cable connection.

Offline Rup

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rup has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 01:05:25 PM »
Well I do have a funny story.
 I started playing UO in 1997. When I started playing we only had dial up connection, I was a crafter back then because that's pretty much all I could do. You know..... one step pause for 3min kind of thing. I was out about the third day chopping tree's in Yew. That was the fletcher town back then. I had left the safety of town which I knew was a bad idea but I could hear the trees calling me   :D I was way south of yew when all of the sudden I saw about 5 red guys! I ran towards town or I tried to run towards town, I soon realized I wasn't going to make it so I tried to hide behind a tree  ;D. I thought that you could actually hide behind the big yew tree's and no one would see you.........Darn I guess UO isn't real life after all!!!! 15yrs later I still love playing the crafter. Thanks to trammel rule set I don't have to hide behind tree's, and I have a cable connection.

I remember those days fun times except i was one of the 5 reds.  Well I was a miner at first.  I picked a not so wise spot to mine down the road from destard.  But i was a fast learner! i learned if i put barrels at the enterence to the mine no one could enter and they could not see the barrels.  People would run past yelling my name asking how come they can't enter and ask what is going on.  That is why some of the mines have teleporters in side them now days.

Offline Maelific

• Activity:
    0%
  • Maelific has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 01:58:25 AM »
Hi Ladyyvonne!

This is my good friend :) I know her well, she's cool peoples. I'll vouch for her, for what it's worth!

btw I used to be that thief stealing from you as you chopped while saying hi ;) good ol' feluccia only days. sigh. I always hoped the crafters would attack a "free kill" grey and give me the chance to whip out my deadly poisoned kryss :p

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 08:18:55 AM »
As a rule of thumb if i have to ask for an expanded intro, then i expect more than I initially would have accepted.  Lets see if 3rd times a charm.  The scripts inside took alot of work .. were asking a very small of work to gain entry.

ps nice story with the tree.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 09:04:02 AM »
It might even fair better to just rewrite your intro right here and give us a new perspective of how much you want to join us. We are a great community. We just ask that you put a little effort into your introduction, which allows us to get to know you a little.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 06:01:05 PM »
Hello My Name is LadyYvonne,

I started playing UO in 1997. I came from a game similar called The Realm. I was so amazed with the graphics of UO I never went back. My connection was very discouraging so the only character I could play was a crafter. I remember chopping in Yew, being chased by Player Killers and thinking I could hide behind the big Yew trees and they wouldn't be able to see me, I found out quickly that wasn't the case. hehe
I ran a small vendor house right outside Yew bank and made a lot of gold this was when vendors had just came to the game. I have so many stories about UO I would probably bore you with the them but I will say I have made many friends, learned new cultures and have had so many laughs with this game I have really gotten my monies worth over the years. It has taken me out of the small town I live in and introduced me to a variety of people from all over the world.
Well its 2013 I have taken several breaks over the years and even tried other games but I seem to always come back to UO. There is always something new to try and new people to meet and unlike the past Im the one helping the new players and telling them that if you go to fel you cannot hide behind the trees they will still see you. Now that I have a better connection and can go to hunting sights without the worry of being pked I have ventured out into dungeons. Im really having a lot more fun with the game now then I did back in the day.
A friend introduced me to this site because they know I do a lot of crafting. So...here I am still trying to get approval from you guys LOL.
I would really love to become a member of this site the clicking is driving me mad :D
Please save me from the click. click. click

Your Friend

Lady Yvonne

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 06:15:39 PM »
Now that is an intro :) Welcome and I am sure a Mod will be here shortly to release you. Have fun and ABUSE the search button :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 07:06:12 PM »
welcome to scriptuo you are now unrestricted and free to move about the cabin

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +156
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 07:30:23 PM »
Welcome to the site!
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 07:53:53 PM »
Welcome!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 03:28:41 AM »
Aww Thank You, You saved me from the carpel tunnel monster :)

Tags: