Author Topic: Greetings all....  (Read 2109 times)

Offline afkbobTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • afkbob has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings all....
« on: November 27, 2009, 06:06:03 PM »
Hey all...I have been playing since around 1997 when my father and two brothers introduced me to the game.  We all started on Great Lakes but over time we all migrated to Baja where I still play today.  We did it all together...pvm...pvp...bvb (brother vs brother) and svd (son vs dad).  We played all the various flavors/templates...tank mage, lumberjackers (yes there was a time where they rocked), tamer, bards, thiefs (I still remember my first theft at brit bank and being chased by a bunch of people wanting to play whack a mole with my gray thief).  The server wars at brit graveyard were tons of fun and when factions first came out we had a blast.  This went on for years.  Then slowly over time my father and then both my brothers quit.  My father just lost interest...and well both my brothers got hooked on Warcrack.  The game started to lose its appeal to me...

I thought about quitting and then met up with some new friends.  I started to get back into the game...mostly on the pvm side.  We do a little pvp'ing as well but it is probably 90% pvm.  RL nowadays doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to play and when I get on I want to be able to hook up with friends and play.  What I don't want to do is spend my limited time online doing "nug" work.  I have tried a couple of scripts out on another site for working skills (C2's turbocrafter scripts worked flawlessly for me), gathering resources (Mwinc's lumberjacker has supplied me with tons of wood!) and some other odds and ends, but the scripts there beyond working skills and basic resource gathering are kind of limited.

I have seen a some scripts here that have really pinged my interest and would like to try a few out (e.g., the heartwood quest script).  My scripting skills are extremely basic (think UOAP days) but if nothing else I might be a good guinea pig :)  I would like to learn some more advanced scripting as well...

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings all....
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 06:09:46 PM »
Welcome to the site! thanks for the wonderful intro!

I will give TT a nudge to get in here and unrestrict you! don't be afraid to ask any questions! and make sure you abuse the search button!
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 06:11:17 PM »
I got it.  ;)

Welcome; thanks for the great intro!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 06:13:22 PM »
Excellent Intro! Thank you very much for putting some time and effort into it! Welcome to SUO! Make yourself at home, and dont be afraid to ask questions, we have a very active community here more then will to chat and answer questions!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 07:31:58 PM »
Yeah there is stuff here that is typically not allowed at other sites.  I hope you enjoy your time here and are active on the boards.  Welcome to the site.

Offline afkbobTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • afkbob has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 05:30:28 AM »
Thanks for the welcome! I am going to give the Heartwood Quest a whirl this morning before I run out...will let you know how it goes  ;D

Tags: