Author Topic: Hello Everybody  (Read 2004 times)

Offline marvin2422Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • marvin2422 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello Everybody
« on: November 29, 2009, 09:52:27 AM »
I started playing UO waaaaay back during the Clean Up Brittania campaign in 1999.  I played until a little over a year ago, when I left for WoW.  It got boring after I leveled all my characters and explored everything interesting, so I am coming back to UO. Like a dummy, I let my UO subscription lapse, and my house, with the soulstones full of skills on them, is gone. I probably won't use a lot of scripts; I mostly just want some stuff to make some of the most boring tasks easier.  I remember the endless tedium that UO requires to GM most skills, and I want to train imbuing and it looks like it'll require the old, formerly useless item ID as a complement. I dropped that way back when they started showing the info instead of requiring the skill to see what you had gotten off a monster. I don't feel like getting carpal tunnel syndrome ID'ing like a million items. 
Let's see...I'm old as the hills, retired.  My wife is 28, 5' even, 120 pounds, 34C-25-34.  My girlfriend is 21, 5'10, 110 pounds, 34B-22-35.  The wife is a redhead, the girlfriend is blonde.  The wife is a homemaker. We've been married for 7 years; we dated for 3 years before that, but I was with my 1st wife at the time. The girlfriend is a model/waitress.  She's done a couple of bit parts on TV and an underwear ad campaign, not enough to make a living by any means.  It's just like an ego trip for her.
I like UO, HBO, being a certified couch potato, retirement in general.  The wife likes accusing me of having a girlfriend.  The girlfriend just turned 21, so she likes going to the clubs and getting smashed, partying till 2 A.M. on Friday night.  The wife likes yelling at me for showing up at 3 A.M. with alcohol on my breath.  The girlfriend wants me to buy her a car. Fat chance. If she was in a car and I saw her coming, I would get off the sidewalk.  I've seen trained chimps drive better than she can.  The wife can drive, she just likes to collect speeding tickets.  She once made the 21 mile trip from her mother's house to mine in 9 minutes in my VR-4.  I told her that if the law had caught her, she wouldn't have gotten a ticket, she would be in jail and the car would be impounded.
The ex-wife (age 45, 36-30?-36, getting a little chubby), thinks the whole thing is hilarious and tries her best to incite as much drama as she can; she knows both the wife and girlfriend, and she's good at keeping things stirred up.
Between the three of them, they don't leave me as much time as I would like to watch TV and play video games, but that's life.
Well, that's me.  Hope I get an invite soon.  My poor old hands are already feeling the effects of UO's stupid idea of making us repeat boring, repetitive, useless tasks for days on end to GM a skill.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Everybody
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 09:56:42 AM »
Thanks for the intro, and welcome to SUO. Your restricted status is lifted, enjoy the site.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline marvin2422Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • marvin2422 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 10:14:03 AM »
Wow, that was fast.  Thanks.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 10:53:47 AM »
Welcome to the site. 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 04:18:50 PM »
Welcome aboard .. and buy the sounds of it you need automation ..
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 11:59:14 PM »
OMG, that was prolly the best intro ive read in  awhile.  Thanks marvin.!!   :D
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Tags: