Author Topic: Imbue Parse String Data Set  (Read 1867 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Imbue Parse String Data Set
« on: October 22, 2009, 12:28:38 PM »
So I have been looking at what it would take to put together a script that automates imbuing things and it occurs to me that the best way to program something like this would be a scaled down version of the craftinfo file that Snicker7 uses for his bodfiller.  This would allow us to build a set of string orders for each property you want to imbue instead of drafting a lengthy sub for each property. The properties would be a data set read and performed by one imbue sub.  I think I need to team up with someone who knows how to build a parser and data set to get this done as I don't have enough exprience. Anyone interested? If someone sorts out the engine, I will do the grunt work of writing it into the script and putting together the data strings.

Here is how I imagine it working:

1.  User inputs the imbue property (we could start with just two options to simplify, one for max and one for 90%)

2. The script would toggle the skill, hit imbue and select a target.

3. [this is the part I am looking for help with] The imbue sub pulls the string of data that provides information as follows: selection one pulls a property from one of two columns of 17 rows or "next page" with same number of slots. Two data pieces here, first property selection, where the first selection was next page, the second property selection.

4. The next page is the intensity selection. I think there are three peices of data here: first toggle to hit, second toggle to hit, and number of strokes on the second toggle.

I feel pretty comfortable that I could build a script that incorporated a general imbue sub that would use these five inputs to imbue any propery.

Anyone interested in thinking up the strucure for the general sub and data set?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 12:31:13 PM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
Re: Imbue Parse String Data Set
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 01:27:45 PM »
err just finished something very simular in my imbue helper.. you give it an item recipe .. be it blacksmith flteching or carp.. if makes the items and imbues then according to spec what ever that be.  also pulls the resources needed etc with wieght check calcs the max number of items can make and resources needed according to the weights assienged in the receipe...

At the moment im just using the engine to create Residue by 2 different recipies... And am currently using it to train imbueing via blacksmithing.

Once im 120 imbue i plan on adding all the other recipes to the script.  via simple recipe additions.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 01:51:12 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 01:35:10 PM »
You built the parse string imbue sub already and have it built into your imbue script? I have been putting together one that just does the imbueing on items in a bag because I didn't think you were putting that into yours.  If you are going to put something together that does what I was thinking of I will just keep helping out on your comment board. If you share the process with me, I would be happy to help work on the data set for imbue routines.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 02:04:06 PM »
heres an example Receipe Code .. Recipe to  make daggers and imbue hd 40% HEA 40% and ER 1%

Code: [Select]
 gosub SetItemStats Dagger TSF 1 BlackSmith #False N/A 1 5 1 5
  gosub SetItemResources  Ingots  %Ingots ingots   3  1

gosub SetImbueProperties Hit_Dispel             3 19             ; hitdispel 40%
  gosub SetImbueProperties hit_energy_area   19 19            ; hit energy areas 40%
  gosub SetImbueProperties energy_resist       27  0            ; Energy_resist 1%

gosub SetImbueItemResources Essence  WKR Essence  10  10
  gosub SetImbueItemResources Amethyst EVF Amethyst 50   5
  gosub SetImbueItemResources Residue  TKR Residue  20  20
  gosub SetImbueItemResources Amber    RVF Amber    20   2

my imbue helper.. will hopefully do everything an imbuer will need by the end of it.

But dont let this stop you from creating your own solution... it was quiet a bit of messing around to get this thing to work flawlessly and ive yet to add in enhancing to the recieps structure.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 02:07:24 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: