Author Topic: need some advice on equiping my miner  (Read 2564 times)

Offline floofpunkittenTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • floofpunkitten has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
need some advice on equiping my miner
« on: November 26, 2013, 02:10:39 AM »
so, i've spent the last few days macroing my new script miner- i'm going the paladin way so that i can also kill valorite elementals.

so far I've got:
cloak of life
ancient samurai helm
and imbued katana with %50 life leech

the suit im working on only has about %60 lrc and %20 dci. It was mostly put together from random pieces laying around so its not super great.

my goal is to be able to have her survive random mobs roaming mines. Can anyone recommend must haves. I do have a few mil to through in.
Thanks for any advice!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: need some advice on equiping my miner
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 03:19:57 AM »
For random mobs you don't need squat. I carry a -0 mage weapon and keep my magery up at 110 with jewels and a measly 100 LRC suit with no imbues most of the time and I never die to random *bleep*. About the worst thing is a ranged magery attack from something like a Reaper where I'm not standing close enough to swing at it.

I would highly recommend getting to 100 LRC regardless of travel method, you're going to travel A LOT.

You really don't need much. All the elementals hit 100% physical until Verite which is 50/50 physical/energy then Val which is 25/25/25/25 everything but poison. With that in mind, you really don't even need to be all 70's. Also, considering the way the toon will play, you want high strength for maximum weight bearing, reasonable mana regen but nothing too crazy (just don't want to run out of mana after two or three travels).

Let us know how it goes as you play and tweek things :)

X

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 05:11:58 AM »
I also use +5 mining gloves with mage armor on them.

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 06:33:08 AM »
yeah, not a whole lot special.  Get to 100% LRC.  Boomstick/pendant do a lot to help with that but boomstick doesn't have mage weapon property.  Nothing I am wearing is very spectacular but it's designed to max my strength and give me enough boosts in the mana department to allow for non stop recalling.  

I rarely die adn can fireball most low-medium threats to death before it's a problem.  A toxic slith can take me every now and again but jeesh, my gear is just awful.  ;)

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 06:36:08 AM by KaliOfLS »
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 09:34:46 AM »
so, i've spent the last few days macroing my new script miner- i'm going the paladin way so that i can also kill valorite elementals.

so far I've got:
cloak of life
ancient samurai helm
and imbued katana with %50 life leech

the suit im working on only has about %60 lrc and %20 dci. It was mostly put together from random pieces laying around so its not super great.

my goal is to be able to have her survive random mobs roaming mines. Can anyone recommend must haves. I do have a few mil to through in.
Thanks for any advice!

110mage/110eval/110resist/gm med/gm tinker/gm mining - dump the rest in focus for added mr. This is my start up template.

To me time is money and my miner isn't making money if it died to a gargoyle. I started in a junk suit and as I made gold I worked my way up to something I could leave running and not come back to a grey screen. You'd have a heart attack if i told you how much i have invested in my afk miner suit.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 10:52:37 AM »
I also use +5 mining gloves with mage armor on them.

+5 mining gloves with mage armour, lpc and boosted resists (ie imbued)

For combat I use Mainly active magery (on Elementals as well) and an  -0 spell channelling AXE... I use the same toon for lumberjacking and so have a 100 lumberjacking which gives damage bonuses. I used to have 100 swords for melee as well.

If something hurts me too much i just recall out.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline floofpunkittenTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • floofpunkitten has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 05:55:49 PM »
Thanks for everyone's advice! I started the script and the first recall point had an ogre. My miner killed it in a few swings and it didn't even scratch her, so looks like she will be fine. I still need to work on my weapon skills in order to take on the elementals, but at least she can mine now without dieing.

Tags: