Author Topic: I'm a 39yr old NEWB  (Read 2324 times)

Offline mcdonald14Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mcdonald14 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I'm a 39yr old NEWB
« on: February 05, 2010, 08:19:38 AM »
Hello All!  I am 39 and must admit I am hooked on UO and to be quite honest this game has at times definitely put a strain on my home life but nevertheless here I am.  Guess I have been playing about 8 or 9 years now mainly on Siege but have recently moved to Hybrid due to SP's population severely depleting.  Change has been hard and trying to get reestablished has been tough because I simply cannot put the kind of daily hours into the game as I use to so I come looking for help.  When it comes to scripting I have to admit I am a total NEWB but am told this will simplify many grueling tasks.  Saying that, I cannot be much help when in comes to programming but I do offer a willingness to learn and help test, take out the trash, etc. Your expertise is greatly appreciated and I look forward to chatting with and getting to know you all.

MM

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a 39yr old NEWB
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 08:27:04 AM »
Welcome to SUO...and believe me, your a LONG way from the oldest around here. You will find that most of these scripts are set up to run on OSI servers, and you might have a problem converting some over to work on hybrid, but hell, give em a try!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 08:45:18 AM »
Wow, another 39 year old? What is it with ScriptUO and the age of 39?

Welcome.

XIIx "I'm 39 years old too" OveR
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 10:11:57 AM »
Wow, another 39 year old? What is it with ScriptUO and the age of 39?

Um Yeah...wow...imagine....um...er...

I am 39 too!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 10:38:06 AM »
I need to get a new hang-out spot, you people are way too old

Welcome to the site!
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 12:24:08 PM »
Welcome to the site I am only 4 with an extra 0 so that makes me 4 right ?!  Because 4 + 0 equals 4 right !?  Anyway welcome to the site of other addicts and we should make a special section just label UO addicts.  So we can tell our personal stories and how we over come them :).  Have a look around and abuse that dang search button he is just begging to be pushed. 

Tags: