Author Topic: Hello Folks  (Read 3213 times)

Offline crushercpgTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • crushercpg has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello Folks
« on: October 06, 2011, 03:21:39 PM »
Greetings all. My name is Dimitar and I am from Bulgaria/Sofia - Eastern Europe. Just about a month ago I felt some emptiness in my free nights, I was wondering what that might be for quite some time and then something like a Por Ort Grav hit me and I realised that Sosaria was awaiting my return so to speak  :P Well now that being said I started playing UO again after some break off little SE was released. My first meeting with this whole new world was around 2001-2002 I believe and it was relaxing, funny, good and worse ofc :). Almost it feels like it was like yesterday, I remember creating my first character - a warrior and giving my best to kill some skeletons and wraits above Britain. My first encounter wasn't so great tho and I died so I saw another world of black and white and tbh it didn't feel good. I wanted to find a way out, I wanted to see the daylight again so I became a wandering ghost looking for his body and when i found it my spirit couldn't materialize and that made me sad  :'( because i felt like my journey wasn't over yet so I decided to look for a dark mage who can speak with the dead and point me to the right direction. So after several minutes running around Britain i found the healer and he brought me back in world of living. After his resurrection I felt stronger, faster, smarter , the Gods gave me a second chance and a Chivalry power. I bowed before him and gave my word I'll clean the britain from the undead curse forever. I went back where I once died and my old body was already eaten by the zombies so I took a katana from the near blacksmith and with the power of Forul Solum I kept my promise to the old monk. That brought me some benefits as well, I got some gold which was stolen from the poor citizens, new gear from the killed people in the woods and some dark magic components which I knew could be of any use to the necromancer in Umbra so I went straight ahead to the moongate outside of the town which was used to travel between the worlds but just before I reach it I met a strange player with a red name and I said "Hi" then he whispered something like Vas Ort Flam Kal Vas Flam and I saw my body burning. I was dead again  :o .
Anyways that's me being a newbie once :) A sad story tho it almost made me quit the game but I didnt give up so i continued playing and dying over and over again. I see you guys make players UO life easier and happier, that's a honorable thing to do it for free. So I hope to be a part of your community as well if it's possible :)

Best Regards Crusher

Keep up the good work

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Folks
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 03:27:31 PM »
welcome to the community. death in UO means nothing. Don't get upset. Get better and return your tormenter the same favor.

11-12 years ago I might die 40-50 times in a 3 hour playing session.  These days, I don't die much at all.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 04:12:15 PM »
Yep, the years of experience taught me how to keep myself alive for quite some time as well :) Insurance is Bliss :P

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 04:33:33 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline Meatt Wad

• Activity:
    0%
  • Meatt Wad has no influence.
  • "Bunch of dumba$$es, gon' get your ass whooped"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 04:49:01 PM »
Ahhh the horror of newbie death. I remember it quite well.  Now I just go die for fun  :P

WELCOME 8)
If you like me you are probably retarded.  If you don't you should probably die.

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 06:12:32 PM »
Welcome and Good Luck!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 09:13:30 PM »
I like your Intro!
Hello and Welcome to this Community...

Offline camotbik

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • camotbik has no influence.
  • Hello! I'm a UO addict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 03:58:57 AM »
What you witness -- is whatver..
uogamers hybrid.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 07:55:36 AM »
Yea, the newbie life in UO is harsh :)

Thank you all.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 12:16:56 PM »
Welcome to the site! :)

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 10:13:24 AM »
heh, he's the walking dead.

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 11:15:24 AM »
Nice intro..welcome to the neighborhood!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 11:29:49 AM »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: