Author Topic: A kind of intro  (Read 2539 times)

Offline uffe38Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • uffe38 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
A kind of intro
« on: August 02, 2009, 12:30:04 PM »
Well, Im back again.
I started playing UO back in...hmm think it was around 1998. I played it like crazy for a few years, I never understand how my then new girlfriend accepted it. But she did, and not only that I guess as we have been married for four years now.
Back then in UO I didnt have a house, I had a boat. And I stashed sheep on the boat. I sheared the sheep several times a day. After a few weeks I learned it was easier to make cash cutting logs from trees. You hear, didnt know much back then. Anyway, I chopped up 40 000 logs that I sold to some PC merchant based around Yew (in Europa) and that finally made me able to buy my first house - and the rest is history.
I been back many times through the years, and now Im back again. And being back I somehow stumbled over EasyUO - hence Im here.

Hmm that was a pretty crappy intro eh? Im live in northern Sweden, work as a sports journalist. I write in swedish though - so its better then this feeble attempt to write in english. Im married to a lovely woman and we have a 3 year old son. And lately, this is weird, I got this urge to grow pumpkins. And to grow pumpkins might sound easy, but its hard up here in the north.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: A kind of intro
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 12:34:32 PM »
crappy?!?!?  Heck, that's was much better than most.  You got immediate access instead of us dragging our heals for a couple days.  :)

Welcome.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 12:38:13 PM »
dragging our heals

Yeah... you gotta watch TM, he is always slow with the heals.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline uffe38Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • uffe38 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 12:41:04 PM »
crappy?!?!?  Heck, that's was much better than most.  You got immediate access instead of us dragging our heals for a couple days.  :)

Welcome.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 12:42:34 PM »
Hello, and Welcome to SUO, thanks for the nice Intro! Enjoy your stay, and take your time looking around, there is a lot to see here!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 01:00:09 PM »
I just thought a minute about trying to grow pumpkins in Sweden.  That's gotta be a pain in the ass!!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 01:00:33 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

And lately, this is weird, I got this urge to grow pumpkins. And to grow pumpkins might sound easy, but its hard up here in the north.

and yes, that does sound like a weird hobby to pick up, but TM is obsessed with his palm trees. you are not alone with your weird new hobby.
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Tags: