Author Topic: It was the one armed man...  (Read 4097 times)

Offline NarcissusgTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Narcissusg has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
It was the one armed man...
« on: September 03, 2013, 10:39:46 PM »
Hello all!

History:
I played UO a LONG, LONG time ago.  LONG.  I remember the times when you had to be VERY careful with your skills as there weren't any up/down/lock buttons.  I remember when they added things like anatomy, eval int, and the like.  I remember when they started punishing PKers (like me) by giving them absurd skill and stat penalties by dying.  I remember having a certain ghost or two standing around doing nothing beyond logging in game time so as to avoid penalties and get my skill count down.  I remember hating the changes.

When the major changes and then that first (I think it was the first anyways) expansion came out, I chose to stop playing.

That was... ummmm... probably fifteen years ago?  Longer?  Yikes!

To anyone that might remember me (doubtful), I was a pretty big deal on my shard and during my time.  I was Raistlin (so original, I know) on Baja shard.  I was red, I killed players for massive profit, and was the only player that owned a castle that wasn't part of a guild.

I had other good toons, but Raistlin was easily my favorite.  Massive profit nearly every night, massive fun nearly every night, and a reputation that would cause fully geared adventuring parties to instantly run and recall at the sight of my name.  Mmmmmm.  Nostalgia.

I enjoyed a thief as well... back then it was fairly easy to steal house deeds and/or keys.  Horrible?  Yes.  Fun?  Yes.  Much of the time, after things calmed down... I would return the deed as I didn't need the gold, I just wanted the excitement.

I never did much guild combat as I found others to be vapid and unreliable.  Spending an hour waiting at a guildhouse while various members were getting ready wasn't my idea of fun, so other than a fairly small number of close friends, I mostly played solo.

Shortly after quitting UO, I was in a major motorcycle accident and lost the use of my right (dominate) arm.  It took me years to start gaming again and even now I find that I fare better at strategy games rather than action games.  I have adapted my play-styles to accommodate my limitations as best I can and I have found various ways of staying competitive.  I have a multi-button mouse.  I use a G510 keyboard and have hotkeys set to many of the keys to try to compensate.  I do what I can.

I recently started playing UO again on a free server.  I have virtually all of my skills at GM now and a few are higher as I was able to get my hands on a power scroll or two.

I am still trying to learn the basics of this game that has taken the name and look of the game I played so many years ago, but it is a fairly steep learning curve.  I thought that I would be okay to try a couple things harder than the new player things and QUICKLY got my rear handed to me.  That is why I started looking at scripts and macros.  Obviously, not only do I need to do a lot of learning, but I'm going to need a large amount of money and resources to get my character geared for more solo play.

I'm still unsure if I will be able to keep up or if I will find myself as a reseller and crafter.  I would prefer to find a way to get myself equipped and competent enough to adventure and pvp and such, but if that fails, I'll still be happy.  :)

Sorry for the rambling and I hope I get accepted.  I would love to grab a script or three... auto looting and the like.

Thanks again...

An ABCUO new player

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: It was the one armed man...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 03:41:57 AM »
Hello Narcissusg and welcome to Scriptuo.
Thank you for introducing yourself!

As ex-player from abcuo i know how excited this shard can be ( with the right peoples ) and hope you enjoy playing there :-)

I think sooner or later a moderator or administrator will unlift your restriction.

Crome

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 05:01:03 AM »
Thanks Crome969,

So far... I'm really enjoying the game.  Really steep learning curve though.

Just curious, but how difficult is the scripting language to learn?  Not master, mind you... simply learn so that I can script basic things on my own?

I've invested a ton into abcuo already... I hope it was the right choice for me. After a bit of work, I'm starting to pick of the very basics... soon, I'm hoping to start gathering a decent set of equipment.

Good times and thanks for the welcome. ;)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 05:40:08 AM »
Great intro Narcissusg, restricted status lifted!

Welcome to ScriptUO, hope to see you around the boards.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 05:52:20 AM »
Thank you, thank you.

It will take me a few DAYS just to sort through all the scripts here and decide which ones I'm interested in.  :-\

Fantastic site, I have to admit. 

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 06:27:49 AM »
WELCOME!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 11:30:07 AM »
It's a different game entirely.  But the same.  *shrugs*  Welcome to the site!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 03:13:33 PM »
Hmmmm.

Thanks for the welcome... I really appreciate it!

I'm stumped.  I can't get OpenEUO or EUO 1.5 (Version 241 by the prog, but Version 242 by the download site) to recognize my client!  Neither are reading any in-game info, and neither will run any scripts.

I am on Windows 7.  I have client 7.0.32.3.  I play on ABCUO.  Both AssistUO and Razor work fine.

I have spent an hour or two trying to find the problem, and a possible solution to no avail.  I've searched several forums, read and watched numerous tutorials, changed the location to the client.exe folder, etc...

Am I missing the trees because the forest is in my way or ... ?

Narcissusg

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 03:32:29 PM »
Are you sure you are running as administrator?  That's a common problem.  Also, if 7.0.32.3 is the latest patch, then you may have patched too far as the client just updated and EUO may not be compatible until they get around to fixing it.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 03:47:03 PM »
Definitely running as administrator.

I'll double-check, but as far as I know I haven't updated since I started playing (approx 9 days).  I'll see if I can find the previous client version, if that is the case.

Anyways... thanks so much for the tips.  I'll get it figured out eventually, I'm sure.  ;)

EDIT:  Well... EasyUO runs on UO 2D Client 7.0.31.0 or lower.

Thinking a fast google search would solve my problems... I've realized that I'm S.O.L.

I'm sure it is illegal to post the 7.0.31.0 client, but if anyone knows where I can get my hands on one... I'd appreciate a PM.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 04:46:21 PM by Narcissusg »

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 08:29:19 PM »
Definitely running as administrator.

I'll double-check, but as far as I know I haven't updated since I started playing (approx 9 days).  I'll see if I can find the previous client version, if that is the case.

Anyways... thanks so much for the tips.  I'll get it figured out eventually, I'm sure.  ;)

EDIT:  Well... EasyUO runs on UO 2D Client 7.0.31.0 or lower.

Thinking a fast google search would solve my problems... I've realized that I'm S.O.L.

I'm sure it is illegal to post the 7.0.31.0 client, but if anyone knows where I can get my hands on one... I'd appreciate a PM.
if noone did until iam home i could..

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 01:45:54 PM »
I found a slightly older version.  Appears to work, both with the ABCUO server and EasyUO as well.

I am having a few issues getting a couple of the scripts to work right, but I suspect that isn't as much of a client problem as it is a user error problem!  ;)

Anyways... I'm glad to be here and hope to learn a lot as I learn to modify and write scripts.

Offline sp1d3yman

• Activity:
    0%
  • sp1d3yman has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 05:24:35 PM »
I found a slightly older version.  Appears to work, both with the ABCUO server and EasyUO as well.

I am having a few issues getting a couple of the scripts to work right, but I suspect that isn't as much of a client problem as it is a user error problem!  ;)

Anyways... I'm glad to be here and hope to learn a lot as I learn to modify and write scripts.
some /most scripts need "modifications" to work on abcuo...im hoping someone will post a few scripts here to get me...NUUB going as far as lumberjack and mining /blacksmithing

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 07:44:30 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: