Author Topic: Sampire  (Read 172802 times)

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire
« Reply #210 on: November 03, 2008, 03:57:41 PM »
I solo skeleton lich... Paralyze blow weapon, keep curse weapon up by using the special, keep counterstrike up, consecrate weapon, C2's pvp bot, you'll do just fine. I had an occasional death, but it happens on rare occasions , healer isnt far from jhelom graveyard.
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 03, 2008, 10:15:07 PM »
Yeah Pearls I saw someone doing it today in Wraith form and he had little trouble. I'm gonna drop Anatomy and throw Parry back on and give it another whirl. I love having the anatomy for damage bonus but defense it required against this little lich  :)

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 07, 2008, 12:59:24 AM »
just wondering, has anyone successfully ran a Whammy Archer yet?
at least for standing toe to toe?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2008, 01:42:16 AM »
That's what a friend of mine is using to solo that spider in the quest.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2008, 04:04:06 AM »
I soloed em on my friends wammy.  My standard temp.  Honor, EoO, Consec, Evade to start.  I instantly waste all my mana on AI's until he has none left then it's just him standing there mostly ;x.  Sometimes he gets a lucky hard hit but I keep feint active also.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2008, 07:17:58 AM »
I'm taking a wild guess at the character template here.
Archery 120
Anatomy 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 120
Chivalry 90
Spirit Speak 100
Necro 40-50

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2008, 09:12:14 AM »
Spot on guess  8)

Currently on Archer I'm running this with no problems on Skeletal Liches: Using Dragon Barding for mobility not Wraith form.

120 Archery
120 Bushido
115 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
75 Chivalry
45 Spirit Speak
40 Necromancy

I think I'm going to stone the SS and Necromancy and throw hiding on because it's so darn helpful breaking aggro and healing back up when you run into trouble.

I still was unable to solo the Liches with my whammy which I'm not happy about the only time I had success was one I brought my bard along and disco'd him. Seen quite a few people over the last few days melee it with little problems.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 09:14:12 AM by Ultima »

Offline Hrafn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hrafn has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2008, 03:44:34 AM »
I had an oldstyle sampire (fencer, tact, anatomy, heal, bushido, parry, chiv, necro) one and a half year ago. Now after the changes (you cant maintain form if you remove jewelry) i wondered if this could be a viable template:
Mace   120
Tactics   120
Resist   100
Bushido   120
Parrying   120
Necro   100
Chiv   70
Thats 750 skillpoints in total (have a 720 char)

The 30 extra skill points are to be made up with items (i have midnite bracers +20 necro) and one should also try to load up on resist jewelry to offesett the - 20 penalty of vampform. This wouldnt place to much restrictions on the suit so i could mass upp on HCI/SI/Dex for the rest of the gear.

I was hoping that the life leech of vampire and chiv healing should be sufficent, so no anatomy or healing. The extra dammage from mace should maybe compensate a bit for lost anatomy? Sure hits harder than a fencer?

Any constructive criticsm of this temp? Hope to complete other projects and start building this one durnig xmas time :) Need to scrape together some cash for all the 120 ps as well :)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 10, 2008, 05:00:43 AM »
The goal is for life-leech and potions to be your healing and curing (leech right through poison or take a pot) rather than relying on wasting the mana from Chiv but the Chiv is certainly a good backup. To me the major need from Chiv is the EoO and Remove Curse.

You could consider dropping resist for Anatomy to get the extra damage, not sure how helpful 100 Resist will be in comparison to the Anat since you are relying on your damage to be high in order to heal. I'd take the 30% DI or whatever GM Anatomy equates to.

This temp + a kicking Diamond Mace and a Vamp-proof resist suit should take you a long way.

XII

Offline Hrafn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hrafn has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 10, 2008, 05:10:42 AM »
Ahh... cool, thanx. I have been pondering this for a while since i miss my old sampire, but i got 70$ for that account, so anyways. Nice to know that im off in the right direction :)

I have never used macing before and i am just curious about the choice of a diamond mace? Quarterstaff and Tessen both gives higher dammage per second? Is one handed mace weapons to be prefered instead of 2 handed because of bushido or are you thinking of ability to quaff potions? Hmm... cant use cure or heal while in vampform since its garlic based...?

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 14, 2008, 08:58:21 AM »
Need to go whammy now with the changes.  I just finished my whammy last night and am gonna try doom tonight.  Them temp is this

mace 120
bush 120
tactics 120
parry 120
spirit speak 100
necro 40
rest in chiv, like 80

have a diamond mace with 50 mana, 50 stam, and 48 hld, and 40 damage increase, and 30 ssi
i run 120 hp's, 155 stam, 60'ish mana
 mace and shield glasses
rune betlle carapice
fey leggins
high reisist lmc, stam, hp increase sleaves, and gloves
jackals
conjurors trinket
and high resist jewels with dci and dmi
it runs about 45 dci and 60 dmi
max resists 70, 70, 70, 70 , 75
gonna use LS consistently, evasion, eoo, cw
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 09:02:43 AM by chlamydia jane »
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2008, 09:53:23 AM »
It seems to me that any Sammy/Whammy/etc combo is made by the weapon choice.  From what it seems, there's just no real good artifact weapon to use.  You seem to have to mix/match those.  The crafted weapons are the best choice for general purpose us from what I see here.  Now I know why my *pires always fail; I just never have a good weapon.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2008, 10:13:15 AM »
ya same here.. I **ampries either do really well, or terrible until I change weapons.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 28, 2008, 04:56:30 AM »
So I'm finally re-inspired to try this again after my laughable attempt last time just trying to get the Dreadhorn keys. I'm looking for detailed input if anyone feels up to it.

Current template:

120 Swords
118.1 Tactics - turned up, planning 120
115 Parry - no Parry scroll atm
111.1 Bushido - 120 applied
100 Spirit Speak
100 Necro - planning to turn down
75.8 Chivalry - turned down

Planning 120 Swords/Tactics/Parry/Bushido, 100 Spirit, 70 Necro/Chiv

Weapon recommendations for swords? My current selection sucks amd is probably greatly related to why I died so much to Irk, etc and include the measly Soulseeker and Blade of Insanity.

Suit
I'm a bit half-assed having been partway into the Sampire template now shifting over to Whammy so my suit is in shambles. I need to put something new together and I don't have a ton of money. Any "must have" recommendations? Seems like alot of you are using Mace and Shield, Crimmy, and the Damage talisman. What else? Obviously I don't need Bracers anymore, I'll give those back to my Necro/Peacer.

I do have up to about 30 mil or so to spend and have a fair number of items across a few shards that I can bring together.

I appreciate any direction on any or all of these items.

XII

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2009, 06:35:20 AM »
still having problems I think it just might be my Weapon.

I Made A Dark wood Suit Last night -Read on WinUO its a good beginner suit.
Possibly its just my weapon?
What should I be looking for in a weapon?

Tags: