Author Topic: I'm a Noob  (Read 1864 times)

Offline redray53064Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • redray53064 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I'm a Noob
« on: December 28, 2011, 02:05:12 PM »
Hello my name is Raymond,Ive played UO since it first came out with a few gaps throughout the years.Ive always enjoyed it and always had a sense of pride just playing the game.I am now entertaining the idea of creating my very own shard.The thought of being able to create something for a newer generation to enjoy as much as ive enjoyed throughout the years.I currently have a lot of time on my hands and feel that learning how to create my own shard may just add 20 more years of the enjoyment that UO can bring me. I look forward to learning and sharing ideas and will aspire to become an asset to this forum.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a Noob
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 03:13:46 PM »
Where are you from Raymond and what do you do in your free time? What brought you here?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 06:38:06 PM »
OK, Im a 50year old,male from NY.Ive spent my life with one woman and raised nine kids,all the kids are now gone from home and started their own lives.In 1996 i was diagnosed with cancer and had to endure three years of chemo and radiation therapy.During that time i discovered UO and that became my therapy that helped control my sickness and pain.My first two years of playing UO were spent on a dial up connection and i had never dared to venture into fel.After discovering the adrenaline rush provided from pvp i was hooked like a smack addict for several more years.I became an avid murderer and i ran with a guild called NBK(natural born killers).I did this until someone introduce me to a free server that was predominately Turkish but constant pvp.I excelled my talents on this private server until i was asked to be a counselor,then a gm,and ultimately an admin.I did this up until the day Katrina hit NO,upon which i hung up my UO habit and went to NO and assisted with people and their homes for a complete year.Upon returning home some of my kids and nephews intrigued me into playing a game called Last Chaos,then WOW,then perfectworld,shaiya,and the list goes on.Now that my last child has left home its just me and my wife now,my cancer has been gone for quite some time now but alas it has returned.So now im suffering from pain and discomfort and have returned to my Old friend UO to help me make it through these times again.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 06:56:51 PM »
Thx for adding some more into.  I remember when I began on dl up; all of my friends hated that they could no longer reach me

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:20:05 AM »
Welcome!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 09:11:41 AM »
I'm probably one of the only ones that have played from the beginning, but didn't do it on dialup.  Here in SD I was one of the very first people with cable internet.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 12:19:49 PM »
I surely struggled in those years of dial up,but like i said,it was two years of tramminess,and the introduction of pvp that fed my need for cable.

Tags: