Author Topic: possible t oset priorities between scripts?  (Read 1835 times)

Offline NuscheltierTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Nuscheltier has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
possible t oset priorities between scripts?
« on: January 14, 2014, 07:08:08 AM »
Hi there,

Im running three scripts at the same time, one to autotarget, one to loot (Trailmyx's advanced claw looter) and Roadkills healthwatch. The problem is that my char oftne dies because the autolooter somehow inhibits the healthwatcher to put on bandies... Now I wonder is there a possibility to tell easy uo that the healthwatcher is more important than the autolooter?

greetings, Nuscheltier

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: possible t oset priorities between scripts?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 08:53:46 AM »
Basically, you can't just have scripts run without knowing about each other and expect that they will somehow not get in each other's way. You need to be able to interract between scripts which will require some scripting on your part in order to get things working the way you want.

For example, call the Healthwatch script or functions before and after looting not during. If your Healthwatch script is basing whether or not it applies a bandaid solely on where your health is at it has no way of knowing you could be looting or targeting at the moment. Sometimes you can just add a call to an external script at the moments in your main script you want it called, other times the external script isn't totally setup for that type of use. I think you're gonna have to do your homework.

I'm sure someone else here will have done this already and have better advice than me.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: possible t oset priorities between scripts?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 01:27:05 PM »
Always suggested to try and run them as 1. Several commands in EUO will Interfere with other Scripts running on the same Character. For Instance, Event Property Being used at the same time in 2 scripts will cancel one of them out.

Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: