Author Topic: Hey Folks =]  (Read 2187 times)

Offline willian_iiTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • willian_ii has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hey Folks =]
« on: April 04, 2014, 03:40:25 PM »
Hello there!

My name is Willian, i got to know UO around 2005, I think.
I only ever played on Freeshards, first sphere(it was weird!), then RunUO.

Close to 2007 I learned about Easyuo, and played a lot with it, developed some scripts for myself, and used lots of ready ones.
In 2008, I started studying Computer Science, and eventually stopped playing.

2010, however, after failing the same class twice, I decided to switch to Automation Engineering.
Before starting the new course, in 2011, I used the free time to get into RC airplanes, and now multicopters.
(My hobbies are pretty much programming, electronics, robots, and flying things.)

So a few months ago, during summer vacations, I got a beta invitation for The Elder Scrolls Online... And hated it.
Then I decided to re-install UO. As I would have to up some skills again, I also decided to look if there was any tool for scripting in Python, and for my happiness, there was StealthUO.

Funny thing about me: I may like scripting more than I like playing.

So I First made a taming script(already shared here), got my taming to 95.0, and then a script for scanning vendor items and putting them on a database to find the better deals (not published, depends on a django backend =| )

As my vacations are now over, I decided to share my work here, even though is not quite finished.

And I don't know what else to type, I'm not the best with Introductions =P

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hey Folks =]
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 03:53:44 PM »
Automation engineering, huh?  What kind of PLCs were they teaching you?  Engineering with PLCs drives me crazy, but they see to be here to stay.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and also thanks for your Python contribution.  Python still makes my head ache though.  Code format queens make my temple vein bulge out!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline willian_iiTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • willian_ii has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 04:24:04 PM »
Ha!

It is actually "Automation and Control engineering" so it's mostly control, automation is kind of secondary.

Coming from computer science, where we are thought to program and to thing in high level, I hated the damn PLCs ( most of them are programmed in ladder).

On the other hand, I love python, now I have problems with languages with brackets and static typing =P

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 04:32:52 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 10:50:42 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 08:45:49 PM »
Welcome to SUO. Nice introduction, imho. :)

Tags: