Author Topic: Intro to myself and my UO history.  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Wyther21Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Wyther21 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Intro to myself and my UO history.
« on: June 18, 2014, 01:35:53 PM »
I have been playing Ultima Online off and on since early 1998. At that time I played under the name Waldo, on the Lake Superior server. Over the years I have played virtually all classes, earlier taking great pleasure in PVP'ing on a dexer, then later various mage templates, and finally enjoying crafting quite a bit.

My single favorite character I ever played was a mace/fence dexxer prior to the weapons getting special attacks. He was 7x and I used the two different melee skills to excellent benefit, often using a club or quarter staff to disable a players movement then using a poisoned kryss to finish the work. It was a hoot, and people who were legendary on my sever used to fall to a simple dexer solo, then lie about it. By far my favorite time in Ultima Online.

This was shortly before they disable to aspect of UOExtreme that enabled me to keep pace with all those with faster internet connections, and being from a small town with only dial up internet, I was unable to continue to pvp competitively. This was a few months prior to factions. At this time I joined a guild who were fantastic in that they helped me play even with my gimped internet connection. We decided I should play an archer with hiding or a template that could use a blessed hally of vanq while hiding. It was great in that it allowed me to keep playing, but all I was good for was a random 1 shot on players who were unsuspecting.

Then my hometown got a wireless internet option for the home and once again I was reborn into competitive pvp, resurrecting my fencer to the extremes that were ruined crafted weapons blesses for factions. This was a wild time as well in that I could paralyze my foes with a long spear and kill them prior to their release.

This is when I took my first break from the game, which lasted quite a while, returning in time for artifacts. Needless to say the game was not the same. 4/6 casting? that sounds like a load of poo, but it was the reality. Once again friends got me into a guild that was more then supportive and provided me with the gear to stay competitive in an extremely fast paced pvp environment. This was also when I learned about scripting, which is probly the only reason I ever got anything in Doom. Played in this environment until around 2006, at which time I left to play other games.

Recently a group has cropped up who wanted to play on LS again and I found myself in need of a scripting community that was worth the effort, finding myself at Scriptuo!

Hello all,
my name is Waldo, and I am a scripting/UO addict.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Intro to myself and my UO history.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 01:59:21 PM »
Crowd says in unison, "Hi Waldo".

Or should be "There's Waldo!" *points*

Anyhow, welcome.  I miss the days when PvP was nothing more than people running around with Vanquishing weapons and pitting skill against skill.  The items add an interesting level to the game itself, but it does really mess with good PvP.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 07:46:24 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 09:31:14 AM »
Welcome aboard :)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 04:36:25 AM »
When people ask Where's Waldo? I can say playing UO! Welcome to SUO!

Offline Wyther21Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Wyther21 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 11:34:47 AM »
Thanks everyone :D

Tags: