Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.29 with Advanced CLAw support  (Read 457419 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.22 with Advanced CLAw support
« Reply #300 on: August 05, 2009, 09:39:54 PM »
You should probably create a rule for that in the CLAw instead.  You can do ranges greater than a value.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 05, 2009, 09:47:07 PM »
I tried working with claw, and couldn't quite figure it out completely.  So I just used BMEval.  I'll read up on it, Thanks TM

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #302 on: August 05, 2009, 09:54:37 PM »
If you insist to have the artifacts looted with the quester instead, make note here that your list HAS to start at %artifact1.  I notice you are starting at %artifact11.  That won't work.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 09, 2009, 03:01:20 PM »
Hi TM!

I have a bit of a question.  First of all, I will be the first to admit that I SUCK with OCR! Having said that, and stating that I have read back thru all 20-some pages of this thread, I am having a bit of difficulty.  I am following the instructions :

Code: [Select]
KEEP UO screen uncovered. This is so the OCR can see the quest
32-bit video card setup, will not function at 16-bits or 8-bits
Do not run this quester in full screen mode or the OCR functions will not work properly.

However, obviously some settings are different on my machine which is causing me to get a different # for the simple bow quest and I just keep toggling thru all of the available quests never choosing one.  I realize what the problem is, my problem is that I have stepped thru the script and I cant figure out how you are arriving at
set %QUEST_A_Simple_Bow 6641256 for the bow quest #. 

Would you be either kind enough to explain it to me so that I can figure out how to get the number I need, or maybe you have a snippet of code that I can run to get the correct quest # using my machine.

Sorry for my ignorance. Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  I may even learn something! lol

Thanks,

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #304 on: August 09, 2009, 03:09:24 PM »
At one point, I wandered through the entirety of Heartwood and calculated all these numbers for you.  I actually used the same code found in the quester to reveal what the numbers are.  You can easily do this to by locating the lines of code around 2217 and place a "pause" right after the gosub:

gosub NewSampleArea NULL !clickxposition1 !clickyposition1 !clickxposition2 !clickyposition2 8701514
    pause
    if #RESULT = !questval
    {

Just look at the numbers being returned in the #RESULT.  When you get the number that corresponds with the quest your are interested in, then that's the one.  Just update your script with whatever this value is so it knows what a "match" is.

The number "8701514" is just what the script considers the text color.

Hope that makes sense.

Edit:  There are extreme examples of people that just have different values computed per pixel, or their assumed text color value is different.  You can try and determine that your actual text color is.  I wrote a total OCR script a while ago that tells me that these values are, but it doesn't help others who have different math occurring. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 03:17:49 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 09, 2009, 03:15:50 PM »
Thanks for your help TM! That makes perfect sense. I think I should be able to get it now.  Thanks for the quick reply!

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #306 on: August 09, 2009, 03:18:36 PM »
Check out my edit; some people just have different values happen.  What kinda of video card do you have and have you updated your drivers recently?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 09, 2009, 03:37:33 PM »
I have an Nvidia 8800 GTX and yes, I just updated drivers last week.  I inserted the pause and watched the #result field. For some reason for every quest its returning 2700 for me.... guess I still have some figureing out to do. But thanks again for your help.

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #308 on: August 09, 2009, 03:52:49 PM »
sounds like the value for the "text" color isn't correct for your computer.  For me and about 99% of the rest of us, it's 8701514.  Not sure what it could be for you.  Is this OSI?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 09, 2009, 04:12:36 PM »
Yes, its a production OSI shard.

Post Merge: August 09, 2009, 04:23:16 PM
ok, well now i feel like a total idiot!! I just checked my display settings again. and low and behold somehow in the last 2 hours it changed from 32bit to 16bit.  I changed it back and the script works like a charm.  So so sorry for the problems TM.  Gotta love windows  :-[
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 04:23:16 PM by JustAnotherFace »
Thomas Jefferson

Scrripty

« Reply #310 on: August 09, 2009, 10:28:50 PM »
I was going to say before I got to the last post... you're in 16 bit. :)  If it's skipping your quest you are 99.9 percent of the time in the WRONG DISPLAY RESOLUTION.  You *MUST* be in 32 bit display resolution for OCR TO WORK. :)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #311 on: August 09, 2009, 10:50:25 PM »
I have developed a fix for the 16-bit thing too, whenever I get around to really needing to update the quester, I'll integrate that change.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 11, 2009, 07:20:28 AM »
Strange thing happened to me yesterday while running HWQ.  I came back to my computer and my character was doing quick burst pathfinding that looked like it started at my house.  Beetle was no where to be seen.  I had to shut down the computer because the cursor didn't want to mind. After I did, I logged and the beetle was indeed lost.  I got a new beetle, checked runes and what-not to make sure I was ready to roll and started it up again.  The craziness started right up during the startup process, I believe because the script was unable to find the house secure.  I shut it down again and re-ran setup and the problem was fixed. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline TabulaDes

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TabulaDes has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 11, 2009, 08:26:32 AM »
Before I ask my question, a quick disclaimer! I swear I read back, I read back from page 21 to page 13, however my very short attention span forces me to resort to asking. Forgive me hehe
Anyways! In the wonderfull world of UO, the most Useless wood type is Oak, Can't use it, can't sell it. I was hoping there may be a way to set up the script to use it? I've poked around in the script a bit to try to find where to change it, but to be honest, it is still all gibberish to me =]

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #314 on: August 11, 2009, 08:37:37 AM »
That information is in there,TabulaDes.  Read, read read!  Might be in the 1.16 thread also.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 08:39:28 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!