Author Topic: Script IDEA--UO Speedometer ... Possible?  (Read 1888 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Script IDEA--UO Speedometer ... Possible?
« on: January 06, 2010, 11:05:44 AM »
Hmm...   I was borred the other day and toying around with script ideas & I thought of this.  Do you guys think it would be possible to write a reasonably accurate Speedometer Script?  If I remeber correctly Winspeeder boosts the speeds accross the boards, which would mess up timing variables in EUO, but I don't think Cheat Engine does this.  If your not speedhacking I know ping is a decent mesurement of your speed but it fails to take into account the quality of your computer etc...

Anyway...  I'll have to play with this....

I'm thinking perhaps simply tracking the # of times a characters #charposX / #charposY  changes within a certain period of Time & doing the math to give you a Tiles / Sec  Speed measurement.  Perhaps a small menu to allow the user to configure the Distance or Time that the script measures over.. In the Geometry of UO the hypotonus of a Right Triangle is the sum of the lengths of the two legs correct? 

Ex...  to get from coordinate X,Y    (0,0) to (2,2)  The shortest distance is normally a line passing through (1,1), but in UO geometry Traveling from (0,0) --> (0,2) --> (2,2) is the same distance...   Is this correcT?   

Hmm..  It might even be easiest to require the script to be played a specific location So it has room to run a set route etc.. to get accurate measurements.. have to try and see..

Scrripty

Re: Script IDEA--UO Speedometer ... Possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 11:37:27 AM »
Instead of requiring a set area, why not a set pattern?  Say a square, then a criss cross pattern across that square,  just say, "this script requires an area the size of a keep to be run in..." :)  Then it can be run anywhere and still give "fairly" accurate results...

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 12:08:55 PM »
Yea I agree...  being able to run it anywhere would be the way to go.   I think if you could set either the Distance or the Time in the menu that would be even easier..  If you set Distance to 20 Tiles the Script simply continues tracking the time until your character has changed location 20 times....  or if you set the Time to say 20 seconds, it would track the number of tiles moved once you start that and display a Tiles / Sec speed at the end of the 20 sec period from start....     Hmm..  Does anyone know if there are time pieces in UO?  I vaguely remember a watch I think, but if there is what kind of resolution does it give?  Hours minutes??  Seconds?    If it's accurate enough I could possibly even account for Winspeeder.....  The #systime or #scnt2 variables etc are effected by Speeder so the only way I could think to time it would be with an ingame item (event property and parse time out etc).     Actually... now that I just said that anything in game with a set KNOWN duration could be used... Wall of stone or any buff etc...  buff bar scanner maybe etc.. heh. 

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 02:20:19 PM »
just get an item that decays, Peerless keys for instance.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: