Author Topic: Ideal whammy WEAPON  (Read 3603 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Ideal whammy WEAPON
« on: March 04, 2010, 07:55:46 PM »
Alrighty folks!  Thanks to your feedback, I have the 95% solution on whammy armor.  I am now looking to build my weapons collection.

Here are my intentions, and I recognize that a diff weapon might be needed for each.

1. Solo Dreadhorn
2. Solo Travesty
3. Solo Medusa (is this even possible?  Haven't tried)
4. Solo Melisande

Emphasis will be on Melisande first, to get the feel of things, then I want to do Medusa non-stop.

Note: 120 Swords.

I know Twinkle McNugget is partial to a leafblade.  I tend to agree, but I want to hear what other folks are using.

:)

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
Re: Ideal whammy WEAPON
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 08:51:28 PM »
Medusa is possible to solo but you would need the gordon lens.  I would recomend put charges on your headgear and gordet.  Be sure to clear the statues near the rez spot then just wack away.   I used a hld and hla weapon and used about 25 apples and 25 greater cures.   I have yet to get a good drop off her and end up spending more time getting the crystals for the lens then I do getting keys or killing her.  If you don't have lens you will be spending a lot time turned to stone.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 02:06:40 PM »
What do we think about this weapon?

Leafblade of Ease
UBWS
HLA 34
HML 44
DI 40
SSI 30*

*resulting swing speed is 1.35, which should be rounded down I think to max swing speed.

I imbued a leafblade because I wanted feint and armor ignore.  Since I'm swords, I need UBWS.

I *could* go for a bokuto or a Daisho, and turn UBWS into HLD or more intensity on HML and HLA.

What say you experts?

(Focus on Medusa for the moment...does she have a slayer vulnerability?)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 02:15:30 PM by NObama »

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 02:28:34 PM »
What do we think about this weapon?

Leafblade of Ease
UBWS
HLA 34
HML 44
DI 40
SSI 30*

Or you COULD stone off swords and train up 120 fencing so you don't have to waste a slot on UBW... then you could make that weapon rock with HSL...  Cause fighting a higher end monster hsl is mandatory.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 02:53:24 PM »
Wow - I would have bet money Twinkle McNugget was gonna say that!

I've also crafted this one, which I think might be better.

Daisho
HLA 50
HSL 44
HML 44
SSI 30
DI 40

Again, swing speed becomes 1.35, which should be rounded down to max.  I have a few points left (484/500) but this is fairly cheap to make as is.

Specials are Feint/Double Strike.  Not armor ignore, but with Honor I should be doing pretty close to max.

I had originally planned to do this in wraith form, but I wonder if vamp form would be better.  Vamp form gives:

1. Mana Regen / Life Leech
2. Swampy to ride
3. The ability to dismount myself at need to deal with pesky dopplegangers.

What say you?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 02:55:18 PM »
Ooh - even better:  I can stay in wraith form and bring a mage tamer to a) kill dopplegangers and b) cast heal on my sorry butt.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 03:05:52 PM »
I run both. I have 120 Swords currently with 120 Fencing on a stone.

I find that Soulseeker is more of a Vamp weapon, and my Leafblade is more a Whammy weapon. There's really nothing better then Soulseeker for an everyday weapon. I use it pretty much exclusively. *IF* I'm on a boss, I go wraith and use my Leafblade (UBWS so I can use Feint. I lose Evasion)

The leafblade is not imbued... I paid for it, but I think I got a good deal.

48% Hit Life Leech
48% Hit Harm
48% Hit Stamina Leech
Luck 131
SSI 25%
DI 40%
UBWS

If I were making weapons, I'd stick with HLL, HLA, SSI, DI for sure, last would either be HML or Slayer.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 03:10:57 PM »
With the Diasho above, my stats are now:

DCI 50
DI 109
SSI 30
HCI 10
HML 44
HSL 44
HLA 50
HLD 30
LMC 36
80/77/81/65/94
Str 122
Dex 126
Int 20
Stam regen 4
Mana regen 7

Not including any form bonuses, and not wearing a talisman (WTF - how did I forget that).  I think this is a solid first suit to try a Peerless boss.  I might practice a bit on miasma first...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:12:38 PM by NObama »

Scrripty

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 03:26:26 PM »
You girls really really need to test for yourselves wether or not HLD and HLA stack... I DO NOT BELIEVE THEY DO.  I believe one hits, then the other, then the other... and it INTERFERES with fighting.  You need to pick one.  Just my personal opinion, and I spent PLENTY of time watching and testing ALL the hit effects...  Also... EVADE FEINT FEINT.  With ls' in between.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 07:42:02 PM »
interesting thought.  Well, these weapons were cheap to build, so I can easier replace HLA with something else if that turns out to be the case.

Tags: