Author Topic: Hello here is my introduction  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Rick182Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rick182 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello here is my introduction
« on: December 02, 2008, 05:24:06 AM »
I've been a UO player on an OSI shard for just over nine years now. Have always done things the hard way (without scripting) but have grown weary of being broke and working forever to get skills to legendary status.

Recently some of the scripts that I have tried worked very well, others are old/broken.  I've tried scripting in EasyUO and have had some success and a lot of failures; however I have been able to fix/customize some scripts for my own purposes.

Just downloaded ScriptUO but have not had a chance to try it out, but it looks like a prayer answered. I have programmed in Basic, Quickbasic and Visual Basic, so script coding does not seem to foreign. I just need to get the syntax and the "does and don'ts" figured out.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hello here is my introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 10:10:06 AM »
Welcome to ScriptUO!

That's really why I created SUO.  EasyUO doesn't give the user much help regarding scripting, so I wanted to give the script author a way to verify their scripts were syntactically correct and methods to help navigate through their scripts.  The later features like integrated help are there to help the first time scripter.  Hell, I still do a context lookup on the STR command since I always forget the syntax of that particular EUO command.  Before I'd have to call up firefox, surf to EUO, type in the command. Now it's just *click* *click* and you're there.

If you have some programming aptitude, then you should have no problem with EUO.  You should just familiarize yourself with the #vars (system variables) and "event macro" commands.  Those are really what automate your gameplay and really will give you a good start script authoring. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: