• Reputation Power: 1
  • tuxon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Ciao!
« on: September 06, 2011, 05:28:02 PM »
Hi all !
I' m Tuxon, and i played some years ago on an italian unofficial shard.
After i stop playing for try other games, but this was my first love, so, after a long pause from UO, i decided to log-in back between my old memories :)

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Ciao!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 06:27:20 PM »
Welcome... You will need more of an intro to get your restriction lifted.  Take some time to read the forums and brush up on some other new player introductions.

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1683.0

Offline tuxonTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 06:39:16 AM »
Hi Goliath, thanks for the welcome  :D
Let' s try to make a complete presentation.
In the following i' ll tell what make me meet this game, and a little game history.

I started playing UO with some friends during the college time. It was the 2004, and we usual meets in a room, the "student office", directly conducted by us, in which we had 8-9 very very old PC connected by LAN.

We spent our free time making LAN games, like Unreal Tournament (it was very funny hear "live mode" people get angry when you killed them by using the "redentore" (i don' t know his name in english) or by using the "one shot gun"), Age of Empires, and other games, like Dyna Blaster, Worms, Last Blade 2.

One day one of us discovered Ultima Online, and 2 or 3 of my friends started playing this game. During my Last Blade 2 sessions i see them play; running from ettins, ganked by corpser, fighting lizardman and more.There were so many people around that little bank in Haven, so it intrigued me and i decided to make my own account and discover what kind of game it was.
At the begin i didn' t understand how to play, so one of my friend suggested me the skills to use and to raise. Bad choise: magery. At that time our equip was very poor, no money for reagents (a LRC suit was too expensive, like 1kk gold) and reagents without lrc equip ends very fast. A noob mage was too weak, spells always fizzles, skill too low to cast blade spirits, and low survavibility.

This situation maked me choise another skill, animal taming. I can' t forget entire days on Dagger Isle, passed "speaking" with those "lovable" polar bears -.-" (at that time we didn' t know scripts, so we raised the entire skill with our hands).
The acquirement of strong pets was a difficult achievement too, i remember that damned nightmare that killed me and my friend like 10 times before we was able to submit him (and it' s better i tell nothing about the white wyrm u.u ).
When my tamer was a little skilled, and with the right pets, the game becomes easier, so i could start making a little money and some equip by killing blood elementals, and, after a month, my first 100% lrc and my first house.

Playing this game took us to meet new people, a group of players with the intent of protect the secret entrance of Luna, and this lead us to join their Guild, our first guild. Playing in group was very funny, and very useful, especially for asking hints.
But, apart GDR, what are the other things that a guild can do? Easy, champion spawns! So i thinked "let's go to see what these champion spawns are"... my first champ was a total disaster; "what are all that monsters?" ..."My poor pets can' t face them and in the meantime protect me" ...but after a little rage and a lot of effort we come near the end. But, wait a moment; what are that players with the name written in red? "OOOooOooOOOoOOoooOOO" . And here i discovered another part of this game: PKs and PVP.

At this point i know a little more of this game, but one day one thing catched my attention: a crowd of people around a player with a white staff with a  strange name: that was one of the first artifact seen on my server. I wanted it too, so we make a raid to visit the place where we can find these nice items. Gauntlet was the hell for our suits lrc with 20's resistances, our pets died fast, and we couldn' t loot mob because of the insane damage that dexxer paladins maked as regards our damage (was the period that only the best damagers had right loot).
So i quit Gauntlet and decided to make my second character... obviously a dexxer!

This template worked great, and let me collect some artifacts, but with the change to right loot Doom becomes populated of a raising number of people, that means a larger number of bosses to fight, and a raising number of deaths.

So i decided to think to a different template, and here i created my 3rd character: a necro-mage with hiding and stealth (bosses didn' t reveal hidden players in the past). This is one of the funniest template i' ve ever played. With the introduction of the new skills (ninjitsu, bushido) it becomes more powerful, especially for champs: a necro-mage with hiding, stealth, and ninjitsu. Hiding, smoke bomb, shadowjump, animal form... even during pk's raid i was practically immortal, and i was the perfect carrier for the scrolls of power.

The introduction of bushido make me change my dexxer too, i transformed it into a sampire, with great results in soloing peerless. Unfortunately, with my return to the game, i founded it nerfed in the necromancy skill, and now i' m looking at all the recent changes and thinking to the modifies to make.

In my pause from UO i played WOW, but after some times it becomes boring, so i decided to return to my origins; even if i' m a bit old (i' m 31) i like feelings that this game can do.

This is me, nice to meet this community.
Tuxon

P.S. : i hope to haven' t did too many grammatical mistakes, but i' m not english  :P

Offline Ozzy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ozzy has no influence.
  • My Boys
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 08:30:40 AM »
wow out of all that all i saw was im old @ 31   :'(  welcome tuxon

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 08:58:01 AM »
Tnx for the welcome Ozzy, "old" is compared to the average age of other people of my shard (i think 90% are 16-19)  :P
But we' re young inside!  ;D

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 10:04:19 AM »
Thanks for the MUCH improved intro. Restriced status lifted, hope to see you active on the boards. BTW 31 is so damn yound, would kill to be close to that again!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 10:10:08 AM »
Well....Welcome, Tuxton!  Talk about a revision!  Great intro.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 10:38:45 AM »
Thanks Toptwo and MeWonUo !

Think i' ll start reading and make me active in the template section because mobs with the new AI powns me so hard  and my sampire is a little dusty! ;)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 10:40:36 AM »
Welcome!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 11:38:01 AM »
Thanks gimlet !

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 03:39:01 PM »
Talk about a great re-write.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »
nice .. welcome
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 01:54:31 AM »
Nice Intro.. Hello and Welcome;-)

Tags: