Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.19  (Read 365078 times)

Offline christoff

• New User
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • christoff has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Heartwood Quester feedback thread
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2009, 10:25:08 AM »
First of all, awesome script i must say, works like a charm, got me 2 ash, 2 oaks and 1 heartwood in one day(yeah kind of lucky in the last one) with only 40k woods..
The problem came when i was going to work it on my 2nd computer, I literaly copied my UO and my EUO folder onto my 2nd computer, But as well as "timevans79, chlamydia jane, luv2luvlong and coyan2" for what i've seen in the posts, I have that problem related to the claw version of the script, it goes like this.. I start the script with Claw loaded, it takes a while, way more than in my main computer, recalls, etc, rail all right, but then when the quests appears on the screen, it takes... i dont know 20 secs or so between quest's, i even thought the script was stoped, then it gets the right quest after a while, and again, script halts for several seconds to select the "toggle quest items", it toggle items quite ok, get reward etc, slow but ok, then again damn slow between quests all over...

I dont think issue this have anything to do with the script, maybe there is something missing like net framework or something i didnt figure out yet, but i am going to format my 2nd computer and see if its hardware, windows, or what.. i hope i can find out and help someone.

P.D: I didnt really check into claw lite Posts, are there issues with it like there are with claw/Suoquester mix?

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »
but it works ok on the other computer/  damn, my shift key is still broken...
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline christoff

• New User
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 05, 2009, 12:42:33 PM »
Yeah, it works neat with my main computer, but i use this computer for alot of stuff and i would like to make it work on the 2nd one, wich is barely used, well you know what i mean.. i made sure i have no antivirus or firewall or stupid stuff that could be messing with "claw script".. still nothing, i have yet to format and re-install windows.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #243 on: January 05, 2009, 12:46:48 PM »
Yeh, I have tried to see the same problem as others, but I can't seem to replicate it.  I use computers running XP, Win2003 and Win2000 as well as Virtual Machines in both VMWare and VBox running Win2003 and Win2000 and I can't get the same affect. 

I looked closely at the #LPC setting as the Quester/Looter do their thing and nothing is odd.  But whatever it is, it's system dependent since you do have good luck with another computer.

I still want to know where everyone keeps getting the script when they shouldn't be able to download it yet.   >:(
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2009, 01:05:40 PM »
TM the Quester has to be one of thee most pirated scripts out there floating around right now. Every shard I've been to I see people running the Quester. The Asian shard was packed I've haven't seen that volume of people doing heartwood Quests on other shards and my gut feeling is that the majority of those people using the quester probably haven't stepped foot into ScriptUO. Nothing new under the sun I suppose...

The quester has to be the most coveted script out there because it can produce an item (Heartwood Runic) that can sell for 15M. Even at one a week that's 60M a month 700+ Million a year if you can move the item. You cannot generate that type of cash flow with any other type of scripting be it mining or logging or gold farming on one account. The only thing that comes close is DOOM artifacts and Powerscrolls and you can't be afk for those adventures.

The thing (Quester) is friggin' gold mine when it his paydirt no two ways about it. Maybe once Imbueing is introduced and PvP'ers can craft their desired mods onto their bows and weapons the Quester may lose some of it's value but until Stygian Abyss is released the Quester is King of the Hill imo.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2009, 01:18:25 PM »
Oh I understand that.  My problem come in when people hop onto the site and request assistance fully knowing they shouldn't have that script because of their post count.  (plus I know who has downloaded what.....)

My problem with supporting the script for those people is that I just don't know what's changed with their specific copy.  So if you can't download it here, then you just can't ask questions about it.  That simple.  I've updated the rules accordingly.

I have absolutely NO problem supporting these scripts and will happily answer questions regarding them (as everyone has seen time and time again).  However, please make sure that before you ask your questions that you have downloaded the script from our site officially.

@christoff
Just get so you can download the script here, and I'll be happy to answer your questions.  I've had people email me their "versions" of the quester requesting help and it's amazing what tweaks people do to them.  Heck, I even got a version of a quester we didn't even write, but I got the question anyhow. lol.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 02:27:21 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2009, 09:04:01 PM »
Your a good man TM!   :)

If only I had your patience...

Offline christoff

• New User
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 06, 2009, 12:06:29 AM »
Well. to be honest, i wasnt really making any question or asking for help but talking about my experience with your script, trying to recopile info of those who have the same problem, I got the script off my bro who is the one really having problems, and got rights to download the script, but you aint gonna believe me i bet, well it's ok, i've read the whole 17 pages of posts 3 times already and making sure i did evertything all right before making any post, im sure its more than most of the people who random post 5 times in order to get rights to download. Anyway ill keep working to figure out whats wrong with suo-helper with claw support since i feel its the less I can do to help out, thank you.

Offline christoff

• New User
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 06, 2009, 12:19:46 AM »
Ultima, what do you expect, the script was going to be known for scripters any day, in fact, if this script was in EUO website, heartwood price would be 5 millions right now in all shards, I could bet There is a japanese website of scripting with this script or a version of it translated to japanese, or maybe not even translated, im only guessing, lot of people who are not posting here are probably using this script 24/7 on japan shards(i dont know if they dont really pay too much atention to scripters over there) or somewhere else, are providing brokers who btw have their heartwood runics for a quite low price.

Imho, we are lucky trailmyx didnt get the script for himself, he would be pretty rich by now :).

P.D i could have put that last sentence in other post so i can get to download it.. damn..

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #249 on: January 06, 2009, 01:41:23 AM »
Imho, we are lucky trailmyx didnt get the script for himself, he would be pretty rich by now :).

heh, well the script was born in the spirit of sharing and was originally created in a collaborative manner.  All we ask here is that a little bit of participation be involved so that this community doesn't just fade away.  I do appreciate your input, however.  There's a few 5 post spammers that have been temp-banned and mostly just don't come back.  That's no biggy for us.  We'll give up 1000 5-post spammers for the 1 person that becomes Elite.  So just keep up the input; we all appreciate positive/constructive feedback.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline masteryoda

• Activity:
    0%
  • masteryoda has no influence.
    • View Profile
Heartwood Script
« Reply #250 on: January 14, 2009, 04:01:50 PM »
Hello all,

I am having an issue with this script where it walks into heartwood and says cant get there, and adventualy walks back out the comes up with a Waypoint 2 is out of range error.  Anyone have any ideas?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #251 on: January 14, 2009, 04:41:29 PM »
Please read this thread entirely.  Plus also be sure you have checked off ALL requirements.  If you are still having problems, then please post some more details so we can help you.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline masteryoda

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Heartwood Quester
« Reply #252 on: January 15, 2009, 06:16:13 AM »
I am having an issue with this script, it works fine on myy Vista machine, but wont do the quest on my xp machine, it keeps looking even when it finds the simple bow, just keeps scrolling.

Anyone have any ideas?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Heartwood Quester
« Reply #253 on: January 15, 2009, 06:23:56 AM »
I have 2 ideas.

1 - check your screen resolution.
2 - post questions regarding the script in the appropriate thread.

See here for SCRIPT FEEDBACK

You will see a post titled Heartwood Quester feedback thread

Now wouldn't that be a more logical place to read about issues concerning the Heartwood Questor? And a much better place to ask your question - AFTER you've read the thread and followed all the advice?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 06:27:25 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline masteryoda

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 15, 2009, 06:39:13 AM »
Ok I have read all pages lol, I was able to fix my rail issue and got the script working perfectly on my vista machine, when I try to run it on my XP laptop, it runs but wont select the quest, just keeps scrolling by it over and over.  Any ideas?