Author Topic: New Treasure Hunter  (Read 23603 times)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: New Treasure Hunter
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2010, 06:08:59 PM »
I don't think a library will work. From whats being said it's a random location each time.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2010, 11:39:17 AM »
Here's some notes from people testing:

The bad news is that I think I need mining. I cannot find the spots without it.
Treasure chests used to spawn only 4 guardians but now I think they spawn at least 6. Also, some of the areas are a lot more dangerous. Trammel has relatively easy overland spawn, but the other areas are not so easy.
I tried a similar template on test last night but seemed to not get any help from mining closing in on the 'X'. It took several tries each time to get the right spot to dig up the chest it seems. Do you notice help from mining skill? Thanks
It's difficult for me, even with mining. Without mining I could not find any spots.
I put 100 mining on my mage TH. I am hating this hunt and peck. Due to the scale of the Tmap, I find it very hard to locate the chest.[/qutoe]
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2010, 11:52:28 AM »
Interesting comments. Thanks Cerv. Let's hope there is enough outcry from the Stratics TH forum that the devs reconsider the way all of this will work or at least give us a modified Sextant that will assist in finding the spots. Otherwise this is ridiculous.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2010, 11:56:48 AM »
I used the old method of trying to track them down by hand... back when 100 Item ID was a necessary skill. Trust me, they suck at making maps. You could look at the pin and be NO WHERE near where the chest was.

As I recall, Fire Island was especially bad, but most locations were off. If they are randomizing spots it's going to go back to that type of system. I know there were spots that I would dig and dig for a LONG time and nothing.... I'd get online and get the location and it was like 4 screens away.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2010, 04:27:53 PM »
Note - Just went out with my tmapper on a level 6 I just decoded. I had no problem at all finding the map location and had zero mining.

X

Offline RheeannaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2010, 05:06:36 PM »
My new Tmapper template:

120 Imbuing
100 Herding
100 Fletching
100 Camping
100 Item Eval
100 Tracking
77 Spirit Speak
23 Swordsmanship

Ok, I thought I was having a flashback, thanks guys :P

• Activity:
    0%
  • It's all good
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2010, 05:08:17 PM »
Ok, here's how you do this you nubs....

1 - store maps til you have a bunch
2 - 100 cartography to decode ALL maps
3 - stone off carto and add in mining
4 - profit

You don't need cartography after the maps are decoded.
Great, except I'm already throwing off Carto after decode and adding back 120 Discord. I know, I know, but discord is such a lovely little spell

• Activity:
    0%
  • It's all good
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2010, 05:11:45 PM »
Note - Just went out with my tmapper on a level 6 I just decoded. I had no problem at all finding the map location and had zero mining.

X

Yeah, ok, I tried it on a level one with my new thunter then just threw the map out on the ground LOL.   It doesn't help that I'm having hell week with the lawyers, migraines, and guests popping in tomorrow. (sometimes living at a beach isn't a great thing).

So, I'm hoping to be able to get up with you this weekend 12X so you can edumacate me on how to find these damn spots :P

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2010, 02:53:14 AM »
How I did it last night:

1) Decoded the map
2) Found the spot on the stratics UO Treasure Hunters map
3) Went to a rune library with the "old" treasure map locations and recalled to the one that seemed to be closest
4) Fired up UOP Cartographer
5) Turned off "Tilt Map" so it was the same angle as thte Tmap picture, zoomed out until the picters were about the same size
6) Got myself to a location that seemed reasonably close to the map and started digging, hit it after just a few tries.

X

• Activity:
    0%
  • It's all good
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2010, 02:59:26 AM »
excellent thank you.
Now to find UOP

BTW  95 lockpicking from 80 after 3 hours on your script.
ROCKIN!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2010, 04:58:19 AM »
BTW  95 lockpicking from 80 after 3 hours on your script.
ROCKIN!
Glad to hear it!! I've trained up to GM using that script (and Twisted Weald after 95) about 8 times now.

BTW, here is the Link to the Treasure Hunters map at Stratics

On a sad note, I was unable to kill an Ancient Wyrm last night with my, currently incomplete on that shard, Bard and this meant that I could not even open the treasure chest I popped. Apparently, one of the changes made was to make all of the initial spawn "Guardians" and you cannot unlock the trunk until they are all dead! This killed my previous tactic which was to move that last moster off the screen then start looting the trunk until something else popped up that I could provoke onto the first monster. I would do this through the entire trunk. Time to rethink now, I couldn't even keep the Ancient peaced long or often enough (at 120 Peace and 115 Music currently) for my EV's to even be effective! This was with a Dragon Slayer instrument as well.

Oh, and I got hit with 2 x bloods, 2 x poisons, 1 x Balron, and 1 x Ancient Wyrm when the trunk popped so I have confirmed that more spawn is popping with the trunk than before. It was easy to kill everything else but the Ancient Wyrm was impossible for my template.

X

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2010, 06:50:00 AM »
I think you could have killed it if you had sicked the rest of the spawn on it, but it would have required you to do that from the beginning.  Good to know that you don't have to have mining.  I am going to start re-working my T hunter.

Could you put up some links to the other tools you used?  It sounds like the map utilities would be helpful, and I have not figured out a go to map utility since UOAM died.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2010, 06:57:28 AM »
I think you could have killed it if you had sicked the rest of the spawn on it, but it would have required you to do that from the beginning.  Good to know that you don't have to have mining.  I am going to start re-working my T hunter.

Could you put up some links to the other tools you used?  It sounds like the map utilities would be helpful, and I have not figured out a go to map utility since UOAM died.
Yeah if I had started from the beginning killing off the Ancient first I may have had a better chance but I think Disco would have saved some major time either way.

As for the tools, I only used:

a) The Stratics THB map I posted above
b) UOCartographer - there is a whole thread here on the site about that including a URL to the Stratics thread
c) A rune library with the standard map runebook set to at least get me in the vacinity

X

• Activity:
    0%
  • It's all good
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2010, 12:32:27 PM »
http://www.uocartographer.com/

I'm gonna try it with disco, but I'm gonna attempt a Level 5, maybe 4 until
I get in a rhythm of how it works.

• Activity:
    0%
  • It's all good
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2010, 03:45:34 AM »
12X, I have just GM'd lockpicking, i could kiss you!

Thanks for that script

Tags: