Author Topic: My Intro  (Read 2172 times)

Offline frypanzTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • frypanz has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
My Intro
« on: June 20, 2014, 11:55:10 AM »
Ive been playing UO for close to 14 years.  Currently playing on a free shard and I want to check out some scripts to get some ideas for my own.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: My Intro
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 06:28:48 AM »
Ive been playing UO for close to 14 years.  Currently playing on a free shard and I want to check out some scripts to get some ideas for my own.

And you think this is a acceptable intro to get us to hand over our inventory to you?  Take a look at the stickied intros and give it another shot.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline frypanzTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • frypanz has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »
Well, I started off playing UO when i was 14.  I was with some people in IRC who were big into Starcraft II.  They were talking about this game "UO", and im like what?  I started off playing with them on a free T2A server "The Forgotten Lands".  I was instantly hooked, it was the most detailed RPG I had ever seen.

Starting off small, i was always making fancy shirts and selling them to NPCs.  Until i found someone who advised me to start farming over at the Yew Crypts.  I began kite killing zombies as they were still destroying my character if i tried to fight them straight up.  Skillups were a bit rough.  My friends on IRC finally told me about skilling up.  I was like, wow you can automate this process when your not even at the keyboard?   So i grabbed a little rock and braced it on my hiding hotkey.  I was like, is there more that can be done?  So begins my journey into UO scripting. I browsed the web and found EZ-Macro or something of the sort.  Recording the entire screen and mouse clicks, I began making mining macros that would walk around and mine.  This was great!   After some time and this server dying I joined a different shard.  This shard had it posted that you can use a program called UOAssist.  WOW, this program actually passed macros onto the screen.  I was quite amazed being able to lock my computer and still run macros.

Before college, i decided to give up on UO for a while.  But i did play on and off for about 6 years.  Now im back into it, using UOSteam.  I have done some scripting but I am looking at getting into EasyUO instead.  UOsteam is no longer supported and I am having trouble finding ideas for macros.  I have never really been much of a programmer/scripter, but I can work off other scripts to tailor them to my needs.

I do appreciate you taking the time to read my little introduction, and apologize for the shortness of my first one.  I also want to thank all the scripters on this site in advance for their hard work and especially their sharing with the community.   :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 10:36:04 PM »
Reading intros like this makes me miss my fun days on my provoke archer or my tamer.  One day I'd like to get back.  We'll see how UO works out going forward.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 04:40:18 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 04:45:20 AM »
WELCOME!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 05:20:16 AM »
Thanks for the "re"introduction...welcome to the site!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 01:56:25 AM »
My friends on IRC finally told me about skilling up.  I was like, wow you can automate this process when your not even at the keyboard?   So i grabbed a little rock and braced it on my hiding hotkey.

Awesome :) Welcome aboard!
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Tags: