Author Topic: Hello from Toymaker  (Read 3107 times)

Offline ToymakerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Toymaker has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello from Toymaker
« on: January 23, 2013, 05:00:01 PM »
just a little info, I have written a few scripts on the EZUO site as Toymaker, but quit uo for a few years. I came back to the game to find there was now 2 versions of EZUO.. the old one and openUO , I havent had much time to look over the new scripting as yet but hope to learn and contribute as much as I can. I'm not a power gamer, nor a gold farmer. the scripts I wrote on the EasyUO site were basically things that i used either while training or things that i needed on a daily basis. Discord trainers, pet trainers, honor scripts ect. hope to learn more from what is here and return it with interest.
Thanks for reading.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Toymaker
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 10:17:00 PM »
Welcome to ScriptUO and Welcome back to Ultima Online!

There are always lots of changes and things to learn when making a comeback. Don't hesitate to ask questions or use the search feature as virtually all subjects relating to UO have been discussed by the community here at one time or another.

Besides the great scripts there are some very good tutorials as well.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 04:38:48 AM »
Welcome to ScriptUO I hope your vist is not the last one.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 08:04:18 AM »
toymaker... good start on your intro.. and i see your 2 submissions over on easy from many years past... ... could you tell us a bit more about yourself .. what chars you like to play how you started... any funny uo stories that sort of thing...

Then we can get you unrestricted... :)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline ToymakerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Toymaker has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 05:31:27 PM »
well, I started playing Ultima in 1982.. I know I know easy there folks. back then it was owned by Origin and was no such Internet as we know it.. since the beginning of Ultima I have played them all the last one being Ultima 9 Ascension. when Ultima decided to go online I joined the world in August 1997 on Chessapeak. there was no scripts then that i knew of. I've played on and off ever since.. my oldest account being 13 active years old. I do not play nor plan on ever using enhanced client, i'm old school and like the old school 2d world. When I was introduced to EZUO i was hesitant because i felt that in the PvP world you should use ( skills not programs to win ) unfortunately most people feel winning is winning regardless how bad the cheat. I used the scripts to help train skills mainly for crafting. was hard to beat CEO for those things. I looked and learned how to write script out of necessity, training skills like taming, or training pet resists, or Discord or Peace. I was hesitant of posting the ones i wrote because they suited me and not the general public. like my pet wool gatherer script which still works great. at one point i redid the heartwood fletching quest, and made it into a tinker quest. i posted it on Easyuo but it was immediately banned. Shock and awe hit me as it wasnt a farming script. you started it with a hotkey and it ended after each run. I never in my life understood  the moral objection to that script. with mining and lumberjack scripts doing full auto rails, how could those not be a ( farming ) . I pretty much stopped posting any scripts there after that happened. when I returned to UO i wanted to fire up some of my old scripts and found the backup that was on disk was no longer valid. ( CRC Redundancy fail ) i had lost all my personal scripts. I began to look for similar ones to rewrite for my own use. this is how i found this site. I do not know much about this site but i'm hoping to pick up where i left off and by all means learn to be a better script writer.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 05:36:44 PM »
thanks for the expanded intro... and welcome back to uo and post all the farming scripts you want .. we love those more than any other kind :)

restricted status lifted...

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 07:44:49 PM »
Nice intro i really like teh addition you put into it. Welcome to SUO.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 08:44:54 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 09:33:12 AM »
welcome back.  I never understood that either, where you could have fully automated mining and lj'ing but a semi afk script be banned.  I think I actually got a copy of that before it was banned.  I no longer have it, but I recall getting many pms and emails from people wanting copies after it was taken down!  haha.
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 05:55:47 PM »
Be kind Rewind !!

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 07:43:49 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

A little about openEUO.  If you have experience with programming, there are specific things that I love about openEUO. 

The scripting language is more like a programming language and has a lot of included libraries.  A messy gui, and a little tricky when dealing with variable scope stuff.  :p

Anyway, I support trying oEUO!
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Cooms

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cooms has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 12:09:38 PM »
Welcome :D

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 01:38:40 PM »
Welcome Toymaker. :)

Tags: